Saturday, April 30, 2011

Jarlsberg

As per usual, Clark and I were watching Man v. Food on YouTube earlier this evening.  I can't recall which episode, but like all the others it involved grease, meat and cheese.  This is a bit of our conversation during the episode:

Me: Mmmmm, I love Jarlsberg.
Clark: You've been there?
Me: It's a type of cheese.

(There was a mention of Jarlsberg cheese in the episode so I don't know why Clark suddenly thought I was mentioning the place.)

And here's another sample of our conversation at the end of the same episode:

Clark: I've tried to find his blog online.
Me: It's a VLOG.
Clark: A log?

(In Clark's defense, Adam Richman does have a blog.  But Clark was referring to not being able to find his videos online, and that's what made the moment so funny.)

I can't help but crack up as I type this.  I realize these comments won't be funny to anyone but us, but I am choosing to post them anyway. Poor Clark, he must have been tired from working all day...

ANYWAY

Lookie at what we found at the grocery store!  Bad habits don't die and/or go into remission when you move to a different country, I guess.

Best deal on the island for sure!  I don't know how I'll ever train for a figure competition in the future.  I love my sweets and my carbs so much.  My willpower is so weak when it comes to food.  

And thank you Mom Ellison for the Easter card!  Our first letter from across the ocean!  We were so excited to get mail that wasn't a bill or junk. I'm sad to say it was completely drenched.  Our mailbox has become a miniature swimming pool.  It has been raining almost nonstop for the past 4 days.

No joke.  Clark forgot his rain slicker at home and had to walk home from work in the pouring rain yesterday.  Poor fella.

So, Jarlsberg cheese.  Costco has it.  Check it out.  You won't be disappointed.  Just don't mistake it for a place in Norway. Take a lesson from Clark and know the context the conversation when you are discussing Jarlsberg.

1 comment:

Michael and Anita said...

I thought it was funny. :) Michael and I have had similar confusion over Muenster and Havarti. :)