Monday, April 11, 2011

Lazy Weekend

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
-Frank the Tank

We didn't bring any of our movies or tv series with us.  We're aching to watch some of The Office or Arrested Development.  Recently, we purchased Old School.  It never gets old.  And neither does the above quote.  And 75 percent of the other dialogue in the movie.  

This past weekend we did...very little.  Mostly relaxed and wasted time.  We made a pros and cons list to help me decide where to go to graduate school.  That took much longer than anticipated. We called family.  And of course, we took advantage of a bright and sunny Saturday and went to the beach.



We got ready for a pizza date dinner at our favorite establishment, Midnight Pizza.  Just look at the excitement on Clark's face.  Sheer bliss and excitement.

It may not look amazing in this picture, but trust me, the point and shoot does not do this pie justice!  Oh, and this is a large, by the way. 

On our way back to the apartment, I decided to document the problem that is tagging.  We see it all over the city on buildings and especially in the train cars.  I don't think I've ridden in a train car that hasn't been fiercely and thoroughly tagged.  Sad.


We took some pictures whilst waiting for the train to take us home.

Clark and his nasty Gene Simmons tongue.  Ewww.


And Sunday we attended the Australian equivalent of General Conference.  We watched last week's Sunday sessions at the Stake Center.  That's the problem with living in the future.  Sometimes you're left out and left behind.

Back to the daily grind now, but we're looking forward to this upcoming weekend.  We be flying to Tasmania!

Have a good week, y'all.

1 comment:

Amy S said...

Looks like you've been having a blast down under. Sooo cool!! I enjoy reading your posts although I find myself wishing I was on a sunny beach too. :)