There is a couple here that we really like and have become bffs with. They are a travel nursing couple (just like us!) and they live within five minutes of our apartment, which is awesome. We know them through work at the Sutherland Shire Ghetto Public Hospital (real name: The Sutherland Hospital). This couple just got a cute little kitty. They named her Simba. Actually it's a boy, but I have a tendency to always refer to cats as female. Maybe because female and feline both start with 'f.'
She's bony and skinny and doesn't look a thing like Gretchen.
But at the same time she reminds me so much of Gretchen. Gosh, I can't wait to hold Gretchen Doodle again and try to put a leash on her and take her for a walk.
Here's skinny Simba not looking nearly as excited as I do. Maybe I'll win her over. I have until early August.
If I play my cards right, I'll have plenty of quality kitty time here in Australia with Simba.
You know how dog people always make a point to let you know they love dogs and absolutely hate cats? Well, I guess you could say we're cat people who love cats and can't stand most dogs. We only like dogs in the best of circumstances. Like when they're well trained and don't yip your ear off. And when they don't smell like, well, wet dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment