Guess which Ivy League school accepted me into their Family Nurse Practitioner program? It's the school that let's anyone--even poor people-- in their doors and their classrooms. That would be the University of Pennsylvania! Philly here we come (in August)!
Clark and I looked up exactly where the University of Pennsylvania is on Google maps. The title of this post is a review from Shaun, who left a thorough and descriptive review of the university on the Google maps page (two complete sentences!). His review cracked us up. Go ahead Shaun and have fun at Yale with your entitled peers who haven't ever paid a cent of their own tuition. You spoiled douche.
I'm super stoked we'll be moving to the city of brotherly love! I'm trying to show off my acceptance letter but it's not working very well...
My letter of acceptance:
I'm already excited to hit up all the good restaurants that Philly has to offer, like Tony Luke's and Tommy DiNic's (both seen on Man v. Food). And I'm excited to go back to school, too.
So I waited a while to post my grad school decision because I wanted to make sure I wasn't pregnant. Not that a baby wouldn't be grand, but it would put a little wrench in our future plans and I probably wouldn't be able to start grad school in the fall. The pregnancy test was negative, as usual. You'd think after three years of marriage I would have this birth control thing down solid. And that I would know my body well enough to know if a real change is occurring. But alas, I take at least 6 pregnancy tests a year and every two months or so I freak out and think I might be pregnant. Oh, the paranoia that comes along with marriage.
14 comments:
i kid you not, i have a minor mental breakdown the week before my period every damn cycle because WHAT IF THE GLOW RING OF TRUTH DIDN'T WORK?!?!?! the one time i thought we might have goofed and done the nasty sans control, i had a major breakdown and cried for almost an hour. i think brandon wanted to stab me.
babies make me paranoid and crazy.
Congratulations! That's so exciting, and I'm sure a relief to know where you're going. You crack me up with your pregnancy talk. Trust me, the kids are worth it--I can think of a lot worse things :)
First of all CONGRATS!! So happy for you! We will be seeing each other a lot more which will be fun.
Second of all I haven't laughed this hard and loud in a LONG time!!
The Glow Ring of Truth worked like a charm for us, so I think you will be alright until you are ready for the little people. I'm a big fan of the Glow Ring when we are done with our little people I'll probably go on it again.
First off, CONGRATULATIONS!! How amazing! I am so proud of you....and my best friend went to Penn, and although she sucks at communication bc she is so busy I'll send you her email. Secondly, the pregnancy scares started happening to me after I gave birth to isabelle. I took at least 6 pregnancy tests for a year too. ;o) So it doesn't go away...sorry. Have fun!!! Love, A,K&I
So...who is brandon?
To Mom Tobler,
Brandon is Clark's old mission friend. Rachael (not Rachel) is Brandon's wife. If you click on 'Rachael' it takes you to their blog. Just to clear up any confusion
Thanks, all! We're excited. Janet, we've been using the glow ring since the beginning...but every month Clark gets all nervous when it needs to come out, which in turn makes me crazy nervous. And then this little cloud of nervousness hovers over us basically until I take the next pregnancy test.
Confusion cleared. Thanks.
You two are so funny, here I am practically begging Jakob to start a family and your a nervous wreck! Congrats on your acceptance. Jakob and I are super jealous that we're the only ones not making the grand move back east.
Yay! Congrats on your acceptance and decision to go to Penn! We're excited to have almost the whole cadre of Tobler boys on the east coast!
You know those little ring things are 99% effective when you use them correctly, right? You are too funny.
Amy, I promise we use them correctly. I think it's because they have to come out for a week that we inevitably get nervous. But there is still that 1% chance...
Congarats Rachel! That is so awesome! We just got back from Philly. Bri would die to get into the Wharton program next year. So were crossing our fingers we will be joining you.
Carly, that would be AWESOME! Good luck to Brian!
Post a Comment