Thursday, May 5, 2011

Untitled

So it looks like Bin Laden is really dead, huh?  Go American military! Go Navy Seals! And even...Go Obama!
For all of you who find it inappropriate and a disgrace that America (and most of the rest of the world, mind you) is celebrating the death of one of the FBI's most wanted killers, get off your more righteous than thou pedestals and THINK OF WHAT THIS MAN DID TO THE UNITED STATES ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2001.  I mean, if my family had been killed in any of those horrific acts of terrorism on that dreadful day, I would have wanted to personally hunt that bastard down.  I wanted to hunt him down anyway, I just never had the means to do it.  Or the knowledge, courage, etc, etc.

Thanks to our courageous Armed Forces, Bin Laden is dead nearly 10 years later.  And in my opinion, it is reason to celebrate.  If I were in D.C. when news broke days ago, I would have wanted to party with this dude, American spirit morph suit and all.  Gotta get me one.
(And by party, I mean stand back and witness the rallies in front of the white house.) 

I'm sorry.  I honestly didn't start this post intending on a Pro-American-celebration-of-a-terrorists-death rant.  I'm just sick of reading articles and reading damn facebook statuses that claim America's reaction (and even the killing itself) to Bin Laden's death is inappropriate.  I understand wanting peace, love and harmony; I want those things for the world, too.  I get Gandhi's "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" idiom.  But we took out a man who would have undoubtedly caused even more trauma and heartache in the future.  We can only hope and pray that his death won't lead to any future acts of retaliation by extremist groups.

I'M DONE.
Please continue to read my blog, I swear I'm not a crazy or fanatical American.  Just a relieved American, proud of the men who are risking their lives to keep our nation (and the world) safe.

2 comments:

Em and Ms said...

I love your strong opinions! For me, I have a hard time celebrating death at all, so even a man as evil as this I'm not going to party over his death. With that being said, I find it perfectly acceptable and necessary that he was killed. I think to Nephi in the BoM when he was told it is better for one man to die than a nation to dwindle in unbelief. I find that applicable in this case definitely. So yes, I agree with you, but my opinion is more of sadness for all the evil that was done.

Janet said...

Amen Sister!