It's been rather chilly here lately. Despite the chill in the air, Clark and I finally decided to take the ferry from downtown Sydney to Manly Beach. The day actually started off beautiful. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. But by the time we set off for the train station to ride in to Sydney, the wind had picked up and the sky had become thickened with clouds.
Of course.
We still had a great time, even if we didn't stay at Manly beach for more than an hour and a half.
We had about 20 minutes to spare before we had to board the ferry. I opted for a self timed photo with the opera house, and I got my way. Self timers are always a good idea in my book. Clark, however, loathes self timed photos, and he's not afraid to let me know.
From the front of the ferry: Sydney Harbour bridge.
Clark looking semi-enthused on the ferry. The sun was too bright for him so he didn't enjoy the fresh air all the way to Manly. He wimped out and went inside.
I, on the other hand, chose to stay outside even as the sun disappeared behind the clouds. The water was a bit rough as we approached Manly. Here's a ferry boat heading back to Sydney. I've got a hunch that the people outside probably got sprayed.
The walk to Manly Beach from the ferry terminal wasn't too far. On our way we found a Hungry Jacks where we later ate lunch/dinner. (Yes, Burger King is called Hungry Jacks in Australia.) We had been dying to snap a picture of a Hungry Jacks sign since we arrived, so we were pretty stoked on this opportunity as it arose.
Clark scanning the beach for hot babes.
Oh I wish I wish I wish we could have soaked up the sun on the sand. Far too cold for swimsuits, though.
Best decision I made that day: braided hair and a hat. The wind didn't stand a chance.
On the ferry back to Sydney it started raining lightly. But I just had to get some pictures of the bridge, downtown and opera house.
Oh Manly, please warm up so that we can come sunbathe on your beach!
It's supposed to get up to 22-23 degrees Celsius this weekend. I can't wait.
2 comments:
That looks like Clark is still sporting the coat from Griggs. Possibly one the best buys in Tobler history. And thanks to Clark it's been all over the world.
I love that you spoke in Celsius!I'm pretty fluent when it comes to temperatures above 50 in Fahrenheit but I still understand Celsius better. Enjoy the heat!
Post a Comment