Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pedal Update

Had an appointment with the podiatrist earlier today. Had a few x rays taken, had my foot fondled...looks like I probably don't have a stress fracture after all! Most likely just a flare up of my lateral or central fascia.

WHEW!

BUT if the pain doesn't go away in 10 days I have to go back in to get more x rays since stress fractures sometimes take up to 2 weeks to manifest. Taking a couple days off from running has already made my foot feel much better though. Went out for a run earlier today-after the doctor's approval-in new Brooks shoes and it felt pretty good. Still a slight throb but nothing like the other morning where I could hardly bear weight on it.

I am so so thankful for my ability (and desire) to run and for my overall good health. I know I often take running for granted and I need to remember to thank God every day for this wonderful gift! I really don't know what I would do if I couldn't run. In my opinion, no other form of exercise compares.

But that's just me.


(I hope I don't look like this in my upcoming races...)

No comments: