Saturday, October 3, 2009

No Thanks

Thanks but no thanks, I will not be vaccinated against the H1N1. Come what may, I simply refuse. I don't know everything regarding the matter, but I've done a little research.

Thimerosal, the preservative found in the newly formulated vaccine, frightens me. I know I have most likely been exposed to it since I was vaccinated against Hep B as a wee child, but I don't want no mo' in my body. There are way too many disconcerting links to neurological disorders.

Oh, and it was banned from from most countries 20 years ago BUT NOT the US of A? Go figure.

http://www.naturalnews.com/011764.html

Also, the mere fact that the vaccine has been formulated within MONTHS frightens me as well. The efficacy and safety of the H1N1 vaccine has not even been truly proven. Yikes.

I'm not an expert or a doctor, BUT COME ON. Very unnerving information.

And preggo women or women planning on having babies, take a gander at this article:

http://www.naturalnews.com/027019_H1N1_pregnant_women_mercury.html

Now don't get me wrong. I still get the annual flu vaccine( because I have to). And I still get the flu yearly anyway. But at least the flu vaccine I receive comes in a prefilled syringe and does not contain preservatives (though it is manufactured with Thimerosal, it undergoes a purification process so that by the time the vaccine is injected into your muscle, YOU DON'T GET A SURPRISE PRESERVATIVE). And yes, the vaccine Fluarix underwent legitimate clinical trials.

Maybe I'm being risky with my own health, but I'm not an 85 year old with an extensive medical history and compromised immune system and I'm definitely not a vulnerable fetus. And for the past 25 years of my life I've gotten the flu at least once a year regarless of vaccinations and I'm doin aight.

Any thoughts on this issue?? I know it is a controversial topic but I'm curious as to what ya'll think.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I am thinking the same thing... plus you get flu symptoms ( the same ones everybody has had at least a few times in their lives) it is a pretty weak strain and while yes people have died from it, it was because of dehydration and the like, the same reason people die from the regular flu every year. People over 65 already have the antiboides form this flu, meaning Hello- this has been around before! At this point, I am not pregnant and I don't have any newborns around that would really be in trouble if it were to come to our home, my husband is a high school teacher and has brought every bug home possible, so I personally believe that my kids immune systems are superb. If it does happen to hit my house, we we watch and take care of symptoms as they happen, and that is all I am willing to do. P.S. we have already had 9 confirmed cases in our elementary and middle schools here.. no deaths, it is already here, the vaccine is a little late, and scary at best.

Janet said...

Nope, I will have neither this season. Even though Chad & I got REALLY sick last year, and I swore I would get the flu shot this year. I just decided not to.

Dagmara Ellison said...

Cannot agree with you more, Rach...We have been just talking about it with Scott today. Unfortunately, Scott will have to get it eventually - he has to (ARMY regulations). I have never had a flu shot in my teenage or adult years and I am still here. I never get sick, but all my friends who got the vaccinations, they get sick at least once during the flu season (September - March). Now what is the point in getting the shot then, right? I believe one should get shots for diseases like typhoid, rabies, hep A and B, etc. but not the flu. As far as H1N1 - no thanks. I made the same point to Scott today - I cannot believe that they are using the vaccination only after such an incredibly short amount of time!!! Moreover, I do not believe this vaccination has been tested on very many people either...Now, I am not a scientist or a doctor, but my common sense and basic knowledge of biology and chemistry tells me a big NO-NO! I know one cannot prevent getting sick sometimes (other people are careless) but when you have a good hygiene, you have a balanced nutrition with a lot of vitamins, drink enough fluids and have a good rest, you can help your body to protect itself. But that's just my modest opinion. Fortunately, (knock knock knock on wood) it has worked for me so far...Also, recent research is stirring a debate if it is actually good for us to get any flu vaccinations...It says that if there is a new strain of H1N1 people who had flu vaccinations are more likely to get a new strain of the flu and have more severe symptoms. But you never know. It seems to me it is like with fashion. One decade doctors and specialists say a thing is good for you and then the next decade they say it is the worst thing for you ever! So, I guess we are just left with our common sense and good home remedies passed on to us from our ancestors:-)

The Mom Tobler said...

Amen...I think like my mother, the grand matriarch Gramma Palmer. The best defense is a good immune system, not a "man-made, who knows what is in it or what side effects it will have" shot! Of course Gramma P. really works on having a good immune system and hasn't been sick with cold or flu for years. Pretty good for 86 years old.