Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Apology



I'm sincerely sorry Arizona, for all of the stupid and silly things I've ever posted about you being hell on Earth.

You're not. Sometimes you feel like it but you're not. Shame on me for exploiting your bouts of extreme heat.

The weather is beautiful. I love it. I was about to go insane and then all of a sudden the temperature dropped into the 80's. I can walk outside without breaking a sweat now. I can even run in the middle of the day.

Perfection.

I'll try not to trash talk you when next summer rolls around. Because I know it's five months of miserable heat and seven months of gorgeous weather. That's a pretty good trade off. (Maybe only four months of miserable heat??? I stop counting after the first hot month and just look forward to fall.)

And plus, I really have to enjoy you now since I may not be around to enjoy every single month of mild weather.

Don't dupe me, Arizona. Keep the temp mild and the air pressure low. I really don't want to take back my apology.

Love, Rachel

PS, some rain would be nice. Maybe some thunder and lightening, too. We didn't have a fantastic monsoon season this year. Just a thought. But I don't want to push my luck.

No comments: