Sunday, October 25, 2009

Still akward, but getting better

I really haven't been happy with the length of my hair since I chopped off more than 10 inches in June. I just got my hair re-DID by the girl who fixed my color back in August. She is a gem. A jewel. A real self-esteem booster.

After she finished coloring my roots she asked me if I wanted a trim. Well, noooooooo, I am trying my darnedest to grow my hair out, I told her. Yet somehow she convinced me to let her trim my hair. Thankfully she took off only the teeniest tiniest amount possible. Then she asked me if I wanted her to texturize (am I even saying this right??) it. What does that mean, I asked? She explained it to me, then she done did it to my hair.

(I'm a little pissed off that none of my hair dressers in my 25 years of life have suggested this little trick before now. Just a little.)

My hair is so much lighter and it lays so nicely now. Ahhhh, I almost feel trendy.

And my hair is already down to my shoulders. Less awkward of a length for sure. I have to admit, things are looking up.





PS, I get to see my husband/best friend/lover in 4 days! EEEEEEEEeeeeeeee! (That was my squeal for joy.)

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Rach! You're a total blond bombshell! I think your hair looks great!!!

Kelsey said...

I love it! You look like you need to go back to the beach! I would definitely go back to her- sounds like she knows what she's doing.

Rach and Clark said...

Thanks, guys! Not the best pics but you get the idea. And yes, I would LOVE to go back to the beach!