Friday, October 9, 2009

SO OVER IT

I am over being a homeowner.

So completely over it.

We've owned our house for over a year and I still haven't painted one wall.

Not one.

This was what I was most excited about, too. At the beginning. Now I don't want to ivest any money/effort into what may become a rental property.

And our backyard is still a mess. I know if we are to rent the house out I should attempt to make the backyard presentable and a safe haven for little children buuuuutttt I lack desire to make any progress in reseeding the grass and clearing out rocks. Sucks to be the kids in the family that may move in in the future. They can play in sparse rocks and dirt and dying bermuda grass. And they can learn to water grass at an early age since what exists of our lawn does not have an underground sprinkler system. Too bad, suckers. Give those kids some responsibility, they are too spoiled nowadays anyway.

And the homeowners warranty= another added yearly expense. I hate it. That is an airplane ticket to Europe right there.

I am actually looking forward to regressing and moving into an apartment if (and when) I move up to Utah with Clark. Maybe it is "throwing away money." Call it what you wanna call it, I'm tired of owning a house. Too much work/money involved in this aspect of the "American Dream." And it is way too easy to accumulate unnecessary items/furniture/crap with a house and lots of space.

Maybe I'm just tired of material things and tired of striving to achieve the American Dream and need to find a cabin in the woods and live in minimalist spledor. I've always wanted to.

No comments: