Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Favorite Aromas

are not perfumes.

Perfumes are in an entirely different category because you spray them onto your body. I don't spray my favorite aromas on my body. But that is just me.

I cleaned today and mopped so I have a specific aroma floating pleasantly about my nostrils. Ahhhhh.

**This is such a nonsense post but being a single wife I need to keep myself busy somehow. I can't force myself to work more than three shifts a week (though I did muster up the strength to do an extra shift before my trip to SLC; that was painful) and I can only clean so much, read so much and watch so many movies.**

So here are my top three aromas (not perfumes) ever:

1. Spiced Pumpkin.

I love fall. I love the foods associated with fall. I love the mouth-watering Spiced Pumpkin smell. Enough said.

2. Freshly cut, baled and stacked hay.


What? I grew up on a farm. It's reminiscent of my past summers at home in Washington. I loved running around our farm simply to smell the freshly cut hay. Never got old and still never does. One of the things I most look forward to when going to Pasco, aside from seeing family and going fishin.

3. Pine-Sol


Is it weird that I actually love the smell of a cleaning product?
I clean everything with Pine-Sol now. Lysol makes me want to gag and throw up and it can give me headaches. But Pine-Sol is such a welcome, fresh smell. It means things are sanitary and clean--without the headache! I use it in the kitchen, bathroom, on the floors...loving this woodsy smell. It makes cleaning an almost pleasant experience.


What are your favorite aromas?

6 comments:

Catherine said...

my favorite hands down would be citrus... LOVE citrus.. in fact I am known to spend more on a cleaner for the citrus smelling one over the "normal".. (and i am worse than cheap.. so that means something) my second favoite is the johnsons and johnsons head to toe baby wash smell... new born babes with that all over them... hand it over any day... and that is all i can think of right now although, the "fall smell" of spices is always welcome!

Em and Ms said...

I'm actually loving your random posts now that you're a "single wife" (great term by the way). I know what you mean about Pine Sol. It just smells clean and fresh!

Rach and Clark said...

"single wife" is a great way to describe my current status, huh? ;)

Dagmara Ellison said...

Hehehe...I had to smile when I read your post...Being a cleaning freak myself (I have a separate detergents/scrub pads/cloths for everything in the house - crazy, I know!) and having a super sensitive nose (Scott could tell you stories...) you can imagine my love for things that smell good:-) My favorite wooden floors cleaner in Europe was Pronto (no luck finding it here:-( ), but Murphy is just as good and nice...and Pledge...oh, I love the Pledge...There is nothing better than a freshly cleaned house & fresh linens & fresh laundry and a smell from a favorite candle all at the same time:-) I know, a freak:-) I love the autumn smells too...Yankee candle (fall fragrance): "Good morning" (they do not produce it anymore - what a SHAME!!!) and my favorite Colonial candle smells: "Thai Silk" (for eternity!!!!!) & Egyptian Cotton & Cardamon (unfortunately they don't make these last two anymore - what a SHAME!!!)

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

Rach, I love the Pumpkin scent too, although I've never smelled that exact candle. I have a Yankee Blueberry candle that I just LOVE. It smells like blueberry cobbler is in the oven:). Other than that, I love Bvlgari perfume. And I know we aren't really talking about perfumes, but it's amazing:)!

Rach and Clark said...

haha, Dagmara you crack me up. I think pledge is a great smell, too. And a blueberry candle, Whit? My mouth started watering when I read "blueberry cobbler is in the oven." I may have to try that one.