Tuesday, September 1, 2009

An Inspiring Movie

I am a huge fan of documentary films. The other night I watched this movie:



I highly, HIGHLY recommend it. Even if you are not a runner, it is extremely inspirational and moving. Maybe I am just in an emotional state right now, but I came away from this movie with such an uplifted feeling.

The movie tracks 6 runners ranging from beginner to elite, and their preparation for the Chicago Marathon in 2005. Each runner has a different goal. The elite runners obviously are vying for the win while the novice runners want to finish with pride. It shows the triumphs and tragedies of training and running a marathon, injuries that some of the runners have to overcome. The elite female runner, Deena Kastor, is especially inspiring( or maybe I'm just a feminist). She is an athlete that most female distance runners look up to. It is just amazing to learn how many miles she puts in weekly and how much of her heart she puts into her running (she actually won the bronze medal in the Marathon at the Olympics in Athens in 2004).

Like I said, whether you are a runner or not, it is a quality film fit to inspire anyone. Give it a shot.

No comments: