Five days has not been near long enough and it has gone by much too fast.
We've had a good time *ahem* "catching up" and spending quality time together. And that's the way it should be after missing eachother for a month anyway. So nooooooo, we didn't see the Mt. Timpanogos caves and nooooo, we didn't go camping or see the Salt Lake. But it's aight. If I move here soon we'll have plenty of time in the spring to explore Utah.
Anywhoo, here are some photos:
Drive by pictures of amazing downtown SLC homes.
Smug shot. Valley below.
More charming houses.
Our friend Tomas (Clark's old mission companion and one of Clark's current roommates) took me around downtown on Friday because Clark worked allllllllll day as a MURSE. Tomas is one proud Dane so we had to stop at the dutch shop for sandwiches.
See, Utah is pretty up in the mountains.
Bridal Veil Falls. Clark done good wit this picture, don't you think? This stop was anti-climactic. And no real hiking trail? really?
Nature Clark with stick.
Nature Rachel.
Nature man and wife so happy together.
Hand.Some. And not happy that on a Saturday afternoon (what were we thinking?) the waterfall was a huge attraction for families at a university close by that shall not be named and there were little kids EVERYWHERE running around like crazy. Sheesh.
The sun was in a not so perfect spot when we wanted to take pictures. But we made do.
Ohhhh La La Love Shack!
Our praying mantis friend. We saved your life, buddy.
Wait, I'm not ready, I'm shutting my eyes...now.
Oh, much better.
Look at that cheeseball Abe and his Mommy Tallie. Too cute! And thanks for letting us in when we showed up unexpected and unannounced. That's how we roll.
So Clark's roommate (the homeowner) got married on Saturday and Clark decided that we should go to the reception(uuugghhhh, I hate going to wedding functions where I don't know ANYONE besides my husband. Ok, ok, so Tomas was there, too. I knew TWO people. Still...AWKWARD.). The highlight: the mohawk caketopper. Apparently this dude had a mohawk forever but chopped it off to get married. That's right, a Utah Mormon with a mohawk.
Clark cooking up a nice dinner of pancakes and turkey sausage. De-lish.
Oh, why hello, Clark. Here is his current home. PS... sharing a twin mattress is NOT easy. It is an art form and involves lots of spooning and absolutely NO spreading out. I think we have just about mastered it but I have to admit I am looking forward to restful sleep in my california king sized bed where I can spread out my limbs like a starfish. It would be more enjoyable if Clark could share it with me, but it will be enjoyable nevertheless.
Prepping to jam.
Sexy.
Clark and Tomas creating musical fusion.
Oh he is so cute. Almost as much of a cheeseball as Abe.
I already miss Clark and I haven't even left yet. I can't wait for the end of October... only 5 weeks to go!
2 comments:
Im sorry but you two are so cute! It makes me want to be a better wifey after reading your posts. You two are so inlove and I just love it. I love that picture of you two right before the jam. oh, and hang in there!!
It's so hard to be apart but you can do it~! Glad you two were able to enjoy your time together. Start counting down the days...
Post a Comment