Monday, August 31, 2009

Clever

My husband is so resourceful.

Our little grapefruit tree started turning yellow and dead like 8 weeks ago. After a little research on The Google (after all, what would we all do without google?) Clark found that our little tree needed MORE shade and LESS water. So he built a shade over the tree constructed out of an old window blind, cinder blocks, and the window blind string. Resourceful? Oh, yes. Clever? Most definitely. Just one of the reasons why my husband has been dubbed #1 husband in the world ( by me).


Do you have a house like this near your neighborhood? I didn't think so. Clark pointed this out to me a few weeks ago. I wouldn't mind a triple grain silo house, personally.


Gretchen getting comfy in the backyard dirt late at night. Please don't judge our backyard. Yes, it needs help. It is just too hot out to be helped right now.


And getting comfy on the Foosball table. This one takes more adjustment.


In other news, I haven't washed my hair in 5 days. It has a nice sheen to it. I tried to capture it in pictures but the photos don't do it justice. I'm thinking about going for a new personal record. I think my personal best is 7 days. I just thought you might like to know how I am coping with the absence of my husband. Well, now you know.




Also, if you are every at the grocery store deciding between several different brands of chapstick, please do yourself a favor and go with the Chapstick brand. They have never let me down. A couple of weeks ago-right when we got back from the cruise and my lips were severely sunburned-I bought this:



Blistex, I am so disappointed in you. My lips never felt relief, moisture or soothing comfort promised by the product name. Apparently I didn't read the fine print and this product is meant to reduce fine lines and whatnot. But with the name "Deep Renewal" I expected my lips to feel soothed and renewed from the sun. Didn't happen. So save yourself $2.50 and get the good old Chapstick brand chapstick (because, let's be honest here, Carmex just tastes foul).

No comments: