August 5th Clark and I road tripped up to SLC for Clark's very first (and successful) job interview! ( I just want to add my two cents in here: if anyone tells you that health care is recession proof, they are WRONG! Yes, there is a massive nursing shortage and there are jobs available at most hospitals, but those jobs are available primarily for EXPERIENCED nurses. New Graduate nurses barely stand a chance of gaining employment in this so called recession proof career field, hence the reason Clark applied to 40+ jobs in 6 different states and only received calls back from one hospital in TX and one in SLC.) Turns out, this hospital corporation interviewed over 200 applicants over the phone and only invited 50 candidates to come in for an official interview for 10 open positions. Clark thought he would have an "edge" over other applicants because he was coming in from out of state, but it turns out there were applicants who flew in from Washington, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and Wyoming. We did not expect that. So....when Clark met up with us down on Temple Square after the interview, he was less than optimistic. But..... HE GOT THE JOB!!
I Knew he would.
May I say how proud I am of my husband?! He has pursued and persisted and his hard work is going to pay off! He is just so (pardon my language) damn capable and smart, personable and fun to be around. He was worried because he didn't wear a suit jacket to the interview and many of the other male applicants did...pppppshhhhhhhhh... obviously his personality set him apart.
As I type this he is driving up to Utah passing through Cedar City. Our current plan is for me to continue working down here in AZ until he gets settled, which will be 2-3 months. After that???????? I really don't know. I already miss him so so soooooooo SOOOOOO much. I don't think I can do this for 14 months. We'll see, but I may have to take on a travel assignment up in Utah before year's end. Even though I'll miss him like crazy we both know that this is what the Lord wants him to do right now and this is where he is meant to get his hospital experience.
Let's just get on with the pictures otherwise I might start crying again.
Our 11 hour road trip. Just me and my best friend. I just have to say, highway 89 is absolutely beautiful! We somehow missed the turnoff for the I-15 and stayed on highway 89 for most of our drive through Utah. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so tired of driving, but it was honestly so beautiful! Mountains surrounding us on both sides... ahhhhhhhhhhh. Didn't have my camera out to capture the beauty, but if you ever get a chance to drive 89, you should take advantage!
Crossing over Glen Canyon into UT from AZ.
80 miles per hour? What!?? Gotta love Utah just for this! This was taken when we finally found the I-15.
We stayed with our good friends, Arian and Karemu Farvin. I heart them.

A tour of the Temple grounds isn't complete without flashing some signs.
So beautiful. I think I am obsessed with old, religious buildings. Maybe that is one of the reasons why I loved touring Europe so much? It doesn't matter whether it's an LDS Temple or an old Cathedral, there is something so serene and majestic about old religious structures.
I just had to seek out this spot where everyone takes pictures with the Temple in the background. Thumbs up for this pic.

I want this house....to live in.
Clark, right after the interview. You can tell he has a lot on his mind.
I made Clark pose with me to get his mind off the interview. He was such a good sport.

And I had to drag him back to this coveted spot.

I'm pretty the Lord blessed us because of this picture.
A quick trip up to Park City. The climate was perfect. I just don't know if I could tolerate the winter.

Group shot!
I wouldn't mind having a massive Rolex clock in my living room....er, yard.
We took the scenic byway 14 from Cedar City to Kanab. So freaking awesome. It was difficult for me to drive and not look at the scenery. Someday we'll go camping up there. Nick and Tally, you guys in?
So Clark is embarking on a new adventure in Salt Lake! Perhaps I will join in that adventure soon as well...
9 comments:
Sad to hear you'll be apart for some time. Hope you guys can get back together soon! Congrats on the new job Clark! Way to kick butt!
Congrats to Clark. I hope the time flies for you Rachel! I would go crazy being alone but you will both be blessed!
Congrats on the job! I somewhat understand what you're going through, Jason did an internship out of town during the week this summer and I hated it without him (but I still got to see him on weekend). Good Luck! If you come to Salt Lake let me know, we're livin' there right now. What hospital is he working at?
Well congrats! And I thought I'd let you know I am a pro at this long distance husband stuff, so let me know if I can give you any pointers. It will be hard, but it's not too hard. You'll figure out something that will work for the two of you!!!! It is all in the Lord's Plans. :o)
Love, the Carnahan's
Yay! I'm so glad that Clark got a job! I'm sure that's a huge relief. I hope you can find some fun things to keep you busy until you're together again! I'm getting ready to be a dental school widow...I have a long list of things I want to do to keep me busy!
Hey I follow your blog and I glad you could see a few pics from Nat's wedding. It sure was a GREAT day! I hope that all works out for you!
Sad for you! But come up here alot and visit! We'll be here waiting to go out with you guys! And YES! we want to go camping so bad!!!
Atta boy Clark, glad to hear you're rockin' it.
-Jason
That's wonderful news!!! I'm sorry to hear that you two are separated for the mean time. But you are right, this is God's plan right now for the both of you! =) I hope the time flies by fast!
Post a Comment