Monday, September 28, 2009

Sssshhhh...Don't Tell

any of my primary children that I went to a show on a Sunday. They would be very disappointed. After all I have taught them...

"Do as I say, not as I do." I am fond of this adage. It definitely applies in this situation.

The Get Up Kids came to Tempe. I absolutely could not miss this show. They haven't toured since 2005. I never got the chance to see them when they called it quits in '05. I got dang lucky. They're back and rocking it four years later.

Making sure the camera will work. Check. Don't ask my why I added this picture. Maybe so you could see how nicely this one turned out as opposed to the pictures of the bands.


I conned my coworker Rhoda into going. Yesss! She brought along her bro and her bro's gf. The more the merrier. Doesn't she look excited? HA!


Sad that NONE of my pictures turned out. This was the best and this is TERRIBLE. I saw people taking pictures on their camera phones in front of me and their pics turned out way better. Needless to say, I am frustrated.



Clark, I tried and tried and wasted so much time trying to upload the video I took of this song. I hate our camera and the SD card. I'm not backing down this time.
Wish you were there to listen to this song live with me. I didn't think they would play it and they DID. It reminded me of freshman year...I don't want to give out too much info but I know you remember :)
Sorry it's not my recorded version but it'll do. I'll show you the one I recorded when I see you in 4 weeks.

7 comments:

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

Glad you had fun! I've never heard of the band, so I may check 'em out:).

Wait, primary children?? Huh? And why not tell them *scratches head* Haha.

Rach and Clark said...

primary kids are ages 4-11. I teach the 8 year olds. And we teach principles of the Gospel such as the commandments and whatnot. I've already gone over the lesson to "keep the Sabbath day holy." I don't count a concert a very spiritual activity BUT I could not pass this opportunity up!

Janet said...

Rachel, Violet just finished jamming and dancing to the video u posted! Love it!

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

I think God will understand, Rach:). Besides, don't scholars believe that the "Sabbath" is actually another day of the week, anyway?! I mean, really. Ha.

Anonymous said...

No scholars don't believe the 'Sabath day' was another day of the week. If you have ever read the Old testiment (any version) the Sabbath day is clearly Saturday, and the Lord actually goes on to explain what a person can/cannot do on the Sabbath Day. Then if you have ever read the new testiment (any version) Acts 20:7 the disciples met on the 'first day' or Sunday. This is where Christians believe the Sabbath Day change occurred. However, there are some other Christian faiths that still hold and practice the Sabbath day on Saturday. Point being the Sabbath day was Saturday and either you believe the early Disciples changed it from Saturday to Sunday or you don't.
I hope this clears up any of your confusion, Whitney

Rach and Clark said...

Thank you anonymous, I was going to get to that but you got to it first. PS, are you a random person or do I actually know you?

Whitney and Vaughn May said...
This comment has been removed by the author.