As much as I complain about cell phone reception and dropped calls and the ridiculously expensive cost of using more than your allotted minutes for the month....where would I be without one? Clark and I are able to reach eachother any time of the day and we don't have to wait impatiently at home for the land line telegraph to ring. Being apart is hard enough, but at least we can talk ALL the time and multiple times a day and we don't have to use calling cards or pay long distance fees. Isn't it crazy to think that in the 80's and 90's most of us could only talk on the phone at home or at a pay phone? Insane, I tell you. There was no "I'll call you on my way to work" or "call me from the store and I'll tell you what we need" or "take the cell with you while you run through the hood". I guess they did have those huge honkin cell phones but who actually owned one?
I HAVE A TESTIMONY OF CELL PHONES.
I bore my testimony to Clark the other week as I was driving to work and talking on my cellular telephone and now I am sharing it with all 10 of you who actually read my blog. As much as I complain about cell phones they really do make absence from the ones you love just a teeny tiny bit easier.
Yessum, that's what I have to share with you while waiting for the hours to pass at work.
2 comments:
you know, my mom echoes the same sentiment often. when she or i begin to complain about the distance between us, she reminds me through our tears that 'this stupid piece of plastic' keeps us connected. there's no way i could live this far away from my fam if it weren't for cell phones and computers, so i completely know what you mean, rach!
It is really funny - I have been just talking about the same thing with my parents the other day...Reminiscing the old times:-) There were times Rach (my parents still remember - late 70's & early 80's) when you actually had to go to the post office to 'order' an international phone call and wait sometimes even 2 days to get connected...I couldn't believe it...They had to connect it through a lot of satellites and operators...So you would just stay home and wait for their call...My dad told me that if someone had told him back then, that in 15-20 years there would be phones smaller than your wallet and you could call anyone anywhere in the world and get connected right away, he would have thought you were ready for a mental institution...:-) I still remember cell phones as big as a huge brick weighing about 3 pounds!!! hehehe
Post a Comment