Did I do this or what?!
I've never dyed clothing before in my life. I bought the above number over a year ago at Goodwill. I've worn it several times but I'm a little self conscious because there are faint but visible arm pit stains. (note the bright light blue circular line around the armpit)
They are only really noticeable if I lift my arms up in the air but I still don't like them or the fact that it was not my sweat that created the stains. Soooo...I decided to change the dress color in attempt to make the pit stains disappear.
Ta Da! The picture makes it look much darker than it is. It is violet and oh so cute. And no more stranger pit stains. Time to create new ones that are my own :)
Yay for fixing a problem and not throwing out a super cute dress!
***Does anyone know if there is such a thing as translucent/clear thread? I need to fix the hem before I wear it again. And since I don't have a sewing machine OR know how to sew I need to fix it ghetto style. A stitch here and a stitch there. Please let me know if there is an easy way to fix my little hem problem. Thanks!
7 comments:
Wow! Good for you Rachel! That dress looks super cute! If you go to the fabric store I'm sure they'll hook you up with whatever thread you need. Sewing ladies are always so friendly. :)
Yes, there is mono filament thread. but it is very challenging to hand-sew with. I'd just get regular thread that matches the fabulous new color of the dress and fix the hem with that. Then if you aren't happy with your fix...bring it next time we get together and we'll make you happy.
My first thought was ask mom tobler! looks like she's already got that one taken care of. dang she's awesome.
love the dress. i think that purple (and your very own fresh pit stains) will look stunning on you ;)
you're such a crafty mormon! haha, i mean that as the highest compliment, as you're so self-suffiecient! i have NO idea how to dye a dress...explanation:)?
well first off Whit, I am not that crafty. Dye is available at any craft store. I just followed directions :) made a mess of my washing machine but nothing a little pine sol couldn't clean.
nevertheless, i'm impressed! i had no idea how to do this, but might try :). thanks for the info:)!!
LOVE IT :)!! Very cute :)
Post a Comment