The other weekend we got all friendly with some Australian wildlife. Our friends, Jade and Levi, were gracious enough to give us a tour of a wildlife park in the area. It was a blast and it was so cool to see animals that are native only to Australia.
Super stoked on wildlife!
A tired Tasmanian Devil.
Poor little guy.
An overactive spider monkey.
Feeding little ponies.
Bambi.
Check out that Mohawk on the cockatoo!
Mommy kangaroo with a little Joey! I guess there is a larger type of kangaroo found in the Outback, this happens to be the smaller species.
Clark thoroughly enjoying his kangaroo interaction.
I'm thoroughly enjoying my interaction, too.
Awww, I think I'm falling in love.
A sleepy Koala. Apparently the eucalyptus leaves don't provide much energy, and koalas only eat eucalyptus leaves.
Quoting our friend Jade: "I want to feel how he looks."
Our tour guides Jade and Levi, and a koala.
The first time we've ever pet a koala!
A Meerkat doing a Meerkat pose.
A Dingo. Clark was disappointed because it looks just like a regular dog.
Freshwater croc. We didn't get to pet it.
Just had to get our couple's photo with the kangaroos.
Clark taking the rare opportunity to hug a kangaroo. Not all kangaroos like hugs. Prior to this picture, a different kangaroo tried to punch Clark in the face for getting too friendly. Clark just wanted a hug!
Isn't he/she so adorable?! I want one as a pet. Being that kangaroos are considered nuisances in Australia, the country shouldn't mind if I take one home...I just need to figure out how to get one through customs.
A red panda.
After the exhilarating tour of Symbio, we drove down and over the sea Cliff Bridge. It was way too windy to get out and walk it, but we'll do that in the future.
People were hangliding off of this cliff, so Clark decided to practice his form.
Careful, it's a long way down!
Since visiting Symbio, we've seen plenty of kangaroos and wallabies in the wild. We're always excited to see them; it's just such a novelty for us Americans!
2 comments:
how awesome!
so cool! the taz is so cute in an angry way:). glad you guys are enjoying your time off there. btw, i LOVE your hair rach! xoxo, whit
Post a Comment