1. Anytime you order a milkshake at any restaurant/fast food joint (excluding McDonald's and Burger King), it looks like this:
THIS IS NOT A MILKSHAKE!! First of all it comes in a cup within a cup and second of all it is served with a spoon and not a straw! I have been duped TWICE! I have learned my lesson. I will never order another "milkshake" in the state of Utah ever again. You cannot imagine how bummed I was when my brownie "milkshake" tasted like vanilla. And all my brownie bits were at the bottom of the cup. I almost asked for my money back when I was halfway through. I was that disappointed.2. This city shuts down early. I mean, waaaaayyyy early. Downtown Salt Lake dies around 9 pm. Downtown areas should never shut down before midnight. It should be a written law.
And I just want to mention that we finally ate at a Cafe Rio and we weren't impressed. At all. This place is ridiculously expensive (especially when they ask you if you want you burrito enchilada style and if you want sour cream, guac, and pico de gallo. if you don't read the menu thoroughly you won't realize that the above extras cost a dollar a piece! Clark's burrito came out to over $10! We could have gone to a nice sit down restaurant. what a scam.) I honestly believe you get better food at Rubios--for way less. So there.
Anywhoo, here are a ridiculous amount of pictures. I just love to go overboard when posting. Can't help it. We are just too beautiful :)
At a random venue in Layton(??) to see Strung Out. Clark's face cracks me up in this one. He's my special boy.
They're getting old, but they still know how to rock.
The base player ran off stage a few times to partake in the fun in the mosh pit. But no one wanted to mosh with a guy with an instrument.
My husband is a better cook than your husband. Don't be offended. He's just that awesome. Fried chicken and twice baked potatoes. I could never pull this off.
I made Clark hike Ensign Peak with me. He was not enthusiastic and said he didn't want to "waste" our whole day.
Clark sped ahead, I literally had to run to keep up with him at first. He really didn't want to waste much time enjoying Utah's beauty and a bit of history.
Hello downtown neighborhoods.
Looks like someone got a little tired. Should have paced himself. At 5,000 feet hiking can be a little strenuous.
And the time it took us to get to the top?? 17 minutes. Not exactly the "all day" hike Clark was anticipating.
Awww, I think he enjoyed himself after all.
Yes, Clark, that's a big nest.
All time favorite pose from my all time favorite youtube music video.
I love fall colors.
A charming park in downtown.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARK!!! Is that a used ABBA CD from Zia Records? Why yes, it is. I am an awesome wife. Only the best for you, Clark.
What's this?
A homemade scarf! This is the extent of my domestic abilities. I've been promising him one for years now. But there was never any reason to make one for him while living in AZ.

Look how I came through. A used Abba CD, a back scratcher, hand lotion, a scarf and a 16 gig

Ready to hit the town. We can clean up nice sometimes.

Looking good fellas.

Next door to the jazz club that ended up being under new ownership without the same musical connections as the last owners...lone behold, a naughty boutique! We may have mingled for a few minutes inside. Always entertaining. Roooaaaahhhhrrr.

Can you guess what is taped to the window? Stocking stuffers I suppose.

Tomas, Clark and Nate trying desperately to figure out if any clubs have live music on a Wednesday night. The verdict? Hells no. It's Salt Lake and the city dies at 9, especially during the week.
We're sad our fabulous idea to watch live jazz did not pan out.
But we're happy to be together. I am, anyway.
My so so cute shoes! I just have to advertise for this website I found while browsing the internet at work. The website is http://www.6pm.com/ and I found these super cute shoes for $13!! The really sweet deal is no matter how much you buy shipping is only $6.95. I may have splurged and bought a few more items. But when shoes are only 12 bucks a pair you can't go wrong. That is definitely my female mind using pure logic and reasoning to justify spending money.
A possible picture for Christmas cards. Clark said I made him feel pregnant with my hand on his stomach.
So I think this picture might be more appropriate for Christmas cards. Yeah!???

No live jazz+dead city at 9 pm = eating out again for the 5th time that day. But I think Clark still enjoyed his birfday.
It's always a good time when we're together. Though we didn't get dressed up for Halloween (we don't yet have many connections in Utah) we have perfected our ideas for our costumes for next year. But I'm still kicking myself for not getting dressed up to go to Hollywood Video.
My favorite quote of the week was from Tomas: "You know, it's a good thing you run because I've noticed you have quite a sweet tooth." As evidenced by my need for a package of toaster streudels one night, ice cream basically every night, and Halloween candy. Yep I like my sugar. I go crazy without something sweet.
PS We finally got a Costco membership. It is so fun to walk around and not buy anything and then buy a sausage dog, pizza, frozen yogurt and a churro. Cheap and delish. Well worth the membership fee. And our glasses and eye exams will be, too.
I can't tell you how hard it is to leave Clark at the end of my visits. Each visit gets more and more difficult. Though I have my beef with Salt Lake I really do hope I find a job opportunity soon so I can move up there and be with him and take a huge pay cut and like it. Oh yeah, and suffer through the inevitable, miserable cold winter too.
2 comments:
I totally agree with you about the "shakes." Those are not milkshakes! I like my shakes thick, but you still have to be able to drink it through a straw! Glad you guys had fun together.
My thoughts on your post as follows:
No, that is not a milkshake.
You look fab in your red dress.
Clark is an awesome cook I see.
Love your shoes I'm going to have to check out that site.
Clark looks like Harry Potter with the scarg and back scratcher.
Happy belated B-Day to you :)
Post a Comment