Yes, I stole that title from your July birthday blog post, Dagmara ;)

(Somebody named Rachel didn't know that I would steal a picture of her birthday cake and use of for my own selfish purposes. MUWAHAHA)
What does a newly minted 26 year old female do on her birthday? Please, allow me to bore you with the mundane details of my birthday day.
-get home from work at 8:20 am. Go on a short run and try not to fall asleep or twist my ankle while doing so.
-wake up at 2:45 pm to an overcast sky. YES! The sky likes to taunt me. I know it won't rain but I hope for it anyway.
-check out the goods on www.6pm.com. Wail and fight back tears when the shoes I found on the website last night at work are no longer in stock. What the?? A mere 12 hours ago they were in stock.
-treat myself to a manicure. Subtle pink clear coat. Excellent choice.
-pick up my requested Anita Shreve books from the public library. I love her novels. They are so tragic and beautifully written. Oh, did I mention tragic? I've cried at the end of at least two of her novels. I can't get enough. Check her out at www.anitashreve.com.
-pick up my race number and goodie bag for the half marathon I am running at 7 am tomorrow morning.
-indulge myself in the free "pasta dinner" provided by the half marathon sponsors. 'Twas quite skimpy and I left with my belly unfulfilled. I had to come home and cook myself another dinner.
-spoke with the manager of a progressive care unit at a hospital in Utah. (eeehhhhhh!!) And this manager is ok with the fact that I wouldn't be able to start until January. Are the stars aligning? I sure hope so...
-let my friends Kevin and Desirae come keep me company for a while--and they even brought me a cake! Chocolaty chocolate yum yum. They are so good to me. Always trying to help me feel loved.
It's been hard not to be able to celebrate this birthday with my loverman Clark. Glad to say my fortune has been good today. Friday the 13th actually isn't an unlucky day after all. THANK YOU to all of you who remembered this day of my birth and for making me feel important :)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Violet, sends you a BIG HUG and KISS, Aunt Rachel!! We love you happy birthday :)!
happy birthday, rach, a few days late!
Post a Comment