Friday, January 9, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving came around right at the end of our long stretch of living at the Comfort Inn.  During this time, when the room was feeling just a little too stuffy or small, we'd drive down to Costco and lounge there.
We found some pretty comfortable chairs on display, ones that we monopolized for minutes on end.  We have no pride...or shame...and we were semi-homeless. So whatever.

But Thanksgiving granted us the opportunity to travel down to Delaware to see my brother and his family.  Though I am still curious as to what the Thanksgiving breakfast would have consisted of at the Comfort Inn.  Their normal buffet spread was pretty good...so would Thanksgiving have been any different? More pumpkin-y options? I guess we'll never know.

My brother and his family just moved to Delaware, and will likely be there for several years.  Which is very good for us since all of Clark's family who lived on the East coast no longer live near us.  Anyway, they bought a home, but their furnishings had not yet arrived.  So we celebrated Thanksgiving in an empty home and ate Thanksgiving dinner on a card table.  It was different, but it was so nice to share the holiday with family.

Their daughter Livia and their dog JJ gave me tons of opportunities to practice with my 50 mm lens. I think I captured some good photos of the kids.


JJ's body in the background.  That dog is always trying to be the center of attention. This picture would be perfect if JJ's butt wasn't making a cameo!












Money shot.  She's just so darn adorable!



You wouldn't know it from these pictures, but this dog is a ball of energy.  I don't really like dogs, but I have a soft spot for JJ.  He's just so cute.



Somewhere in there we had a delicious Thanksgiving feast. Somehow, even with very few kitchen utensils and necessary cooking tools, Dagmara made it possible.  Thank you Dagmara for being an amazing cook.  Your abilities never cease to amaze us.

Photos of the cook were not granted, so instead I took a picture of the very festively set table!


There was so much space indoors that we played some football in the living room.

That weekend we drove to the Philly Idea. To keep Livia entertained, I game her a bottle of Ibuprofen to shake.  Better than a toy? Maybe.

And look at these kangaroos! Perfect toys for children as they have sewn on eyes so they aren't a choking hazard.  Perfect stuffed animals for Rachel and Clark, too. 

It was so nice to spend time with family over the Thanksgiving holiday, and we look forward to many more visits in the future!  We're extremely thankful to have found a home to rent in Phoenixville so that we don't have to live in a hotel.  Though living out of a hotel might actually be the cheaper option.  I have to make my own breakfast at home now.

3 comments:

Stephanie Tobler said...

Great pictures!! The lighting is great too! I need to fix my flash, the lighting on my photos is always horrible. were you in automatic or manual mode?

Rach and Clark said...

Yeah, just using natural light! I try and avoid using flash whenever I can. I shoot in Tv or Manual mode. I mess with ISO, aperature, and shutter speed until I get the lighting right!

Janet said...

Another beautiful niece to snuggle!!! Thanksgiving looked delicious!