Sunday, October 14, 2012

Virginia is for Lovers...but I'm pretty sure that every other state is, too.

A couple of weekends ago we went down to Alexandria and Baltimore to see Scott and Dagmara and meet our newest niece Georgianna Tobler (and to see Kyle, Kim, Charlie and Greta, of course).  Wilst staying with my brother in Alexandria, we took an afternoon trip an hour away to explore some caverns.  I almost bought this mug at the gift shop...but my thrifty side talked me down. Can't I get a mug that says Pennsylvania is for Lovers? Can't Pennsylvania have this slogan, too?

I can't even tell you what I'm talking a photo of.  Some baby stalactites, I think. 

Clark and Dagmara were so excited about the controlled cavern exploration, but Scott was just too in love with his wife to even feign interest.

Hooray for caves, even if the stalactites and stalagmites I've seen in a cavern in AZ were bigger. (Just sayin', not hatin'.)   

I told Clark to pucker up to this bad boy.  He started talking as the point and shoot flashed, and thus our photo opportunity was spoiled forever.



Thank you, Mom Tobler for suggesting the updated Picasa.  I just love me some 1960's era looking photos. Outside of the cavern, where they were getting all into the autumn spirit.

After our lovely visit with Scott and Dagmara, we drove up to Kyle and Kim's and were finally able to meet Georgie!  She is so sweet and little and beautiful and all that being a baby entails.  

Awwwwwwwww

Such a sweet, cuddly baby. 

Charlie and Greta sure love their baby sister and Kyle and Kim are adapting like seasoned pros.  

We're so glad we were able to get away for the weekend and see family! We can't wait until our next opportunity to visit you Virginia and Maryland folk again!  

3 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...

Fun little trip. Good photos of Georgie. Thanks

Stephanie Tobler said...

Lovely pictures of the babe! Thanks! I'm glad you had a fun trip :)

Zack said...

Kind of ironic that Virginia would adopt that as a slogan given that one of the things the state is most famous for is taking a racist battle against Loving all the way to the Supreme Court.