I need some feedback. We are in the process of selecting a sofa. (YESSSSSSSSS! HELLS YESSSSS IT'S ABOUT TIME!) But we're having difficulty deciding since the sofa we really love doesn't come in a color we really love...follow me? So please, be part of our process and help us decide! Keep in mind these are all leather selections. My better half likes the finer things in life, apparently.
Couch #1 our current fave. Color selections are pearl (directly below) and taupe (which is actually more gray than brown in real life)
Couch #2 Chocolate brown
Couch #3 Also dark brown leather. Pictures don't do it justice and it looks like black fabric in this image. But you get the idea.
So, let's have it. We'd love to hear what you think. Even if we don't use your advice, we'll still appreciate your input and perspective. I promise.




13 comments:
i vote #1 in pearl. i like the structural details of that one best, and i think the color is crisp. we have an off white couch, and i put some bright pillows on it and it is amazing. get it, gurl.
#1 - just love the pattern and a little bit of a curve for the armrests...
I personally like #2 best, but #1 is nice too. While I love the look of a light couch, over time I'm afraid you'll grow to hate it as it will look dirty a lot more quickly. The taupe seems to be a good balance of lightness that will still hide some of the dirt. Mostly though, I'm just jealous you're getting a new couch. We're still rockin' the hand-me-downs.
I forgot to say, I'm particular about the arms of a couch. They can't be too low or offer no support, and too high means you can't lean on them (as in #3). The reason I love #2 best is that they have a bit of a curve out that looks perfect for leaning against, not as rigid and straight up as #1
I lean towards the most classic lines and colors. So it always look great not dated when styles change...Toblers tend to make a life commitment to large purchased items:)
So I vote for #2...I think that style and color will stand the test of time....and small messy children.
I vote #1, taupe! I like the pearl too, but it would start looking more like the color "yucky" really fast. Good luck!
Maybe I'll be the odd one out so far and confuse you and choose #3 :)
I say darker color. Not only for kids and messes, but because if your walls are white it will be a better contrast than the pearly color. I really like a 3 cushion better than 2. We have a couch and loveseat which are both 2 cushions. I wish the couch was 3 cushioned- just sayin!
But my personal personal favorite is #1 because I would love the grey colored couch- in style and a good neutral AND it's a 3 cushion!
Good luck!
#1- clean, goes with anything, brightens up a room, love the lines!
Kid proof perhaps not but my mother always ad white couches and they still look perfect. You just need to teach them... or get a waterproof slip cover ;)
THANK YOU guys so much for the feedback! Seriously, you all have lots of great input and I'll make sure Clark reads all these comments. I think we'll safely rule #3 out (not that we purchase things based on judgement of others, but the majority of you don't seem to like it as much as the other options), since we were leaning toward #1 or #2 more anyway. We actually have a swatch in taupe coming for #1. We'll see how Clark likes it. I've personally been all for pearl since the beginning, but Clark is a hard sell.
And Emily- we would totally do craigslist, but here in Philly, NOTHING is a steal on craigslist and we've already had a bad experience. So we're not taking any chances and we're gonna invest in a new sofa since it will be something we'll have for years to come. Don't feel bad about hand-me-downs...I would LOVE some hand-me-downs!!! Saves money for sure :)
Leaning towards #1 taupe. Too fun :)!!!!
love #1 in taupe. leather = good with small children. worth the money in the long run. beautiful couch that #1, where did you find? we're couch shopping as well. love.
Kat, the only sofas we've found that we like are from Macys. #1 isn't very big though, that's why it's perfect for us. I don't think a big couch could fit into our apartment just because of the layout! It's only 76" long, which is kinda on the shorter end. But it's sooooo dang good lookin!
Post a Comment