Saturday, July 21, 2012

A haircut in an unexpected place


 Boy gang, I'm really pleased that my google search did not lead me astray.  I googled best place to get a haircut in Philadelphia, and a lower-end, highly rated Chinatown salon was the fourth option to pop up.  The yelp.com reviews were unbeatable, so I decided to give Perfect Cut Hair Salon a chance. The reviews were also helpful in identifying who to request to cut your hair and who to stay away from.  Whew. Glad I didn't have to find out the hard way.    


Many of you are probably thinking uhhhhh, ok... so what did she do to your hair?  The answer is: nothing very drastic, but she did honor my requests of keeping my length, adding several layers, and thinning my thick hair.  Ahhhh, it feels so much lighter and has so much more volume!  It's so nice to find someone who knows exactly what they are doing and actually listens to their customers!  Best $20 I've spent all year.

Now if only I can convince Clark that bangs are a good idea again... but he feels that I look too much like Velma from Scooby-Doo with the glasses and bangs combo.  So until I don't wear glasses anymore I am not allowed encouraged to have bangs.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Looks great! Love the price too!

Sheri Money said...

Wow, you look HOT! I have a total phobia of haircuts because I've gotten so many bad ones, so this is just one more reason to wish I was still in Philly!!

Rach and Clark said...

janet, the price is what makes it so good! Sheri- you are too nice! I didn't post a picture to fish for compliments...I just am so thrilled to have found a decent place to go! Like you, I too have had one too many bad haircut experiences. It'll be good to go back in a few months, trusting that she knows what she's doing!