Thursday, July 12, 2012

Worth the splurge?

Hi guys.
I need some advice.  Probably because I'm a super cheap person and am having trouble justifying the cost of this dress:  

It's sooooo pretty, but is it worth the splurge?  I do like that the reviews are extremely positive, which is what I always depend on when purchasing something online.   
I've been searching for the perfect lace dress since last summer when we were in Oz.  DownEast Basics had a beautiful lace overlay dress last year, but of course the smaller sizes ran out of stock nearly immediately and I missed the boat on that one.
  I've been hoping ModCloth will post a nice lace dress soon.  So far, the majority of their lace dresses are strapless or just too short.  
Anyone have any insight/advice for me? Should I pull the trigger or just sit tight?

5 comments:

The Carnahan Family said...

Buy it. Love the navy. Actually super afordable, sorry to tell u. Although I am also quite cheap, I have learned that saving for things that are a bit more expensive and well made is worth it in the long haul....this is worth it. Good luck deciding. Pull the trigger before its gone. ;)

Rachael said...

my rule is if i come back to it 3 times and still want it (like over the course of a few days) then i should buy it. i have never regretted buying something as beautiful as that dress; i have always regretted not buying. now, brandon may disagree with my logic, but he usually shuts up when he sees me in the beautiful splurge item.

tl;dr BUY IT.

Stephanie Tobler said...

When I modeled and they were talking about cost vs practicality they give me this rule of thumb. You have to wear it one time for every dollar you spend to get your value out of it. So you'd have to wear it 94 times to get the bang out of your buck. I love my lace dress (I got mine at Ross for $20). But I wear it for a lot of things.

Sheri Money said...

First off, I love it. It is truly fantastic. However, I totally get you on the price, because I never spend that much on dresses either. But, there have been a few times when I've spent a comparable amount on other things and if I've ended up consistently loving to wear them, then I don't regret it. So, as the others have said, if you think you'll really love it then it could be a really good choice. Also, I'm so jealous that Tom got to hang out with you guys! At least I got to say, "hi!"

Rach and Clark said...

I knew I could count on some responses from you lovely ladies! Thanks so much for your input, it truly does help. What a dilemma, huh!? Rachael, I've gone back to the page at least 50 times in the past 3 weeks and Kat, I love your honesty! Cause what you wrote makes total sense: if it's well made then it will be totally worth it :)