Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Clark's Kitchen Adventure

"No, no.  Let me cook for you.  Cauliflower and noodles.  A baked potato on the side." -D.K.S.


If you have watched season 4 of The Office, you probably love this quote.  We've been watching The Office waaaayyy too much lately.  So much so, that we have started incorporating quotes from the show into every day life.  Sometimes without realizing it.

Anyway....

The above quote really doesn't have anything to do with what this post is about.  Because unlike Angela, we eat a lot of meat.  Clark made some dang good meat loaf the other night.  Jalapeño popper meatloaf, in fact .  Mmmmmm mmmmm good.


Firstly, Clark mixed spices and seasonings into the meat and formed it into a rectangle on a cookie sheet.

Then my man spread cream cheese all over the meat.  Then he added cut up bacon.  Real bacon, not the fake bacon that comes in a jar.

Then he added chopped jalapeño peppers.

And then he rolled the meat.

Ta-da!  Here is the finished roll of meat.  Then I believe he transferred the beast to a baking dish so that grease wouldn't run all over.  The final result tasted great.  I have to say my favorite part was the cream cheese and the bacon.  Good job, Clark!  However, Clark wasn't satisfied with the end result and he is still tweaking his recipe.  

Oh, and look!  I picked up these goblets for 25 cents each.  I think we'll use them year round since goblets are way more fun to drink out of. Gonna keep that Christmas spirit alive 365 days a year!

1 comment:

Michael and Anita said...

It is so nice to know people who appreciate the humor of D.K.S.! :) And of Jack Black, for that matter! We watch The Office waaaayyy too much ALL the time, and if I'm being honest, we've had to make a pact to eliminate "That's what she said" from our lives. But as far as the rest of The Office quotes go, it's fair game. I'm finding comfort in the fact that it's not just us. :)

Glad you found our blog! We found yours through Jan's.
-Michael and Anita Draney