Hello there,
So the other evening I spent about 50 minutes catching up with one of my closest friends from childhood. We caught up on topics such as work, family, math class (Les, you can do it!), school applications, Clarisonic brushes and Christmas. Our discussion of Christmas led us to the topic of blogging (because I really wanted Lesley to post pics from Xmas but she didn't take any. Boo.) and how blogging is for everybody, not just people with children (she mentioned that she didn't feel like she had anything to really blog about since she doesn't have kids yet). I think I convinced her that an individual's thoughts/updates/photos are worthy of blogging because over time the posts will accumulate and serve as a journal for the individual. People shouldn't feel like they have to have children in order to have something legitimate to post on the interwebs (though I will admit children are super funny and always provide something to post about). Les, is that what you got from our conversation? Because that's what I got from it.
So this post is about my every day, mundane thoughts and trivialities, enumerated.
1. I have been called off not once but TWICE this week. Heavenly bliss.
2. Due to #1, I have been able to refine my domestic goddess skills. I have made four dinner meals this week: Stuffed chicken wrapped with turkey bacon, killer Shepard's Pie, killer broccoli quiche, and a shrimp curry that Clark still needs to try. I am bringing him some tonight since he did not have the good fortune of getting called off.
3. We attended our first Quincenera (sorry, can't get the tilde over the n) last night. A good old fifteenth b-day celebration. It was enjoyable, even if we only knew the b-day girl's mother from work, and a few other co-workers. It was an LDS affair so I can only imagine how crazy it can get when alcohol is involved. So my next goal in life is to attend a non LDS Quincenera. Witness some craziness. And perhaps volunteer as a designated driver for those who are too inebriated to drive.
4. We have booked our place tickets to visit mi familia up in Pasco in February. A short but sweet trip it shall be. And we'll get to spend time with Clark's parents in Vegas. Gotta get in visits with the parentals before we leave the country.
5. We're still trying to find a loving home for Gretchen. Any takers? She's as cute as a button.
6. We just watched The Hurt Locker. Holy cow, I was nervous for those fellas the whole time.
7. We have also recently seen The Fighter and Black Swan. Really enjoyed both. We can thank Intermountain Healthcare for providing me with free movie tickets for the few nights I was a preceptor to new nurses. I love not paying outrageous prices to see movies in the theater.
8. I really like my bangs. And I have fixed them nearly every day since I got my hair did. So...that would be seven days straight. On a roll here, folks.
9. Lesley has nearly persuaded me by her ardent testimony that I need to invest in a Clarisonic brush. I run, therefore I sweat. But I'm 27 and tired of pimples. I trust her judgement so I may invest very, very soon. Anyone else use one of these bad boys? Thoughts?
10. I really love my husband. Just thought ya'll should know. I know people always say, "I have the best husband," or, "my husband is the best." This statement bothers me because it is an incomplete statement. And it neglects to recognize that there are lots of awesome husbands out there. I think two extra words help complete this statement. Because I really believe that my husband is the best for me. Just as your husband (if you are married) is the best for you. Clark's just the right person for me. And he is awesome.
11. Carl Bloch's exhibit is at BYU right now. Totally wanting to check it out.
12. I have yet to complete a pull-up. My goal was to complete a pull up without assistance in 2010. Now I have to try to do it in 2011. Dang it.
13. I really want a pair of boots like this:
They're pink (technically taupe), sassy and flat. Just waiting for the price to drop.
13. I really want a pair of boots like this:
They're pink (technically taupe), sassy and flat. Just waiting for the price to drop.
14. Not looking forward to doing our taxes this coming weekend. Not excited about how much $$ we'll be owing the federal government and Utah. Thank goodness Clark paid off ALL of his student loans in 2010, so we should have a tax break there! That's what it's called right? Tax break? Or is it tax cut? Taxes confuse the hell out of me.
15. We're going to see The Get up Kids in early February! Yahoo!
16. So the zodiac signs haven't really changed. Phew, I am so relieved that I don't have to get my Scorpio tattoo removed. Just kidding. About the tattoo, I mean.
Ok, I will quit boring you with my list. Tomorrow Clark is making orange chicken, I am one lucky girl.
15. We're going to see The Get up Kids in early February! Yahoo!
16. So the zodiac signs haven't really changed. Phew, I am so relieved that I don't have to get my Scorpio tattoo removed. Just kidding. About the tattoo, I mean.
Ok, I will quit boring you with my list. Tomorrow Clark is making orange chicken, I am one lucky girl.


3 comments:
I love that you blog. Trust me, coming from a mom it's nice to read something not about kids once in a while. It helps me still be part of the adult world :) I was in a non-LDS quincenera once. Fun stuff. I also agree with you about the husband comment--I've always said Matt is MY perfect man, because he's perfect for me. I'm excited for Matt to do our taxes though, especially since the tax cuts were extended--we have two kids on there this year! Thanks for blogging :)
Thanks, Emily! I guess my point was that blogging is for everybody. And I love to look at friends' blogs who have children just as much as I love to look at friends' blogs who are childless. Totally jealous that Matt is doing your taxes--I know that Clark will make me be involved in the turbo tax process and it won't be a happy day.
Where are you going out of the country?!?! How long?!?!!
FUN!
Kat
PS - tried Isabelle's Crocs on today, they'll fit perfect this summer! so cute!
Post a Comment