Monday, November 29, 2010

Zee best bread EVER

I just want to preface this post by letting ya'll know that shoveling snow is a great winter/fall workout.  It has been snowing since 3 am and I'm getting ready to shovel our walk again.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I actually enjoy this responsibility and all I request for Christmas is a pair of insulated snow boots.

Anywhoo, I'm not one who typically posts recipes but I would be remiss if I did not share this one particular, mouthwatering, SIMPLE, bread recipe.  I have been using this recipe since well before Clark and I married and it happened to be my only contribution to this years Thanksgiving feast (a couple at Church took pity on our poor souls and invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner. Once again, I have evaded preparing and basting a turkey.  Whew.).

Anyway, this recipe is called Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread and any recipe that bears an East coast state's name AND pumpkin is a total green light in my book.   For the record, I will never try a recipe that has under 100 reviews and the recipe must also have a 4.5 star or above rating.  Well, Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread has over 4,000 reviews and basically a perfect 5 star rating!!  This bread is goooooooood.  I always add 1/4 tsp extra of all the spices.  If I wasn't out of brown sugar I would make some tonight.  Maybe if you aren't out of brown sugar you should make some on my behalf.  Just sayin'.

Sorry no pictures.  Don't be a slacker.  Just click on the highlighted recipe name to take you to the recipe link.

No comments: