Thursday, November 18, 2010

Clark's birthday description--just a tad late

Clark celebrated his 27th birthday on November 4th! Yay Clark! Unfortunately, we both had to work so we couldn't celebrate until the weekend. His lovely wife (oh, that's me!) surprised him with some scrumptious cupcakes and Dansko work clogs... but that was the extent of fun on the 4th.

For Clark's birthday we went shooting. Not to a range, just out on the Salt Lake desert with a few friends. I tried to keep the shooting celebration a secret from Clark but then he insisted that I must have gotten him a ticket to go skydiving and I just couldn't lead him on like that. So when he found out what we were doing to celebrate the day of his birth we went out and bought a bunch of clay pigeons, a pigeon thrower and shot gun shells. And a gun cleaner. We almost invested in a gun case too but I was reluctant to invest so much in a gun we had never even shot before.

We had a good time (finally!!) shooting our shotgun. I will now feel safe at home when I am alone.

Ready to rock.
Clark looks... like he is ready to kill something.
In action!
Lots of ammo.
Killing some clay pigeons.
Even I killed several clay pigeons. A real self esteem booster.

Clark shooting a 30-06.

Even though we couldn't go shooting on Clark's birthday I think we all still had a great time and we can't wait to go try out some handguns at the shooting range soon. I gotta say, shooting is pretty thrilling and exhilarating. I guess we'll be needing that gun case after all.

*when I have more energy and time I will blog about our recent trip to Hawaii. Supa fun trip but an awful day of travel on the way back to SLC. Five airports and four flights in less than 24 hours. Exhausting.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Glad you had a great time for Clark's birthday!!! Happy Belated Birthday to you too! The Tobler boys love there guns!!;0)
Can't wait to hear about Hawaii!