Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

This year for Lent I have decided to give up junk food. That's right. No ice cream, no cake, no cookies, no brownies, no soda, no doughnuts, no fun... for 46 days.

In years past I have given up cookies, only to replace the cookies with doughnuts. I have given up soda, but I rarely drink soda as it is. Looking back, what was I thinking. Did I really believe that giving up something I barely consume would be a sacrifice?

If you know me well, you know I love my sweets. This is going to be a challenge for me. The only form of chocolate I can have is in the form of a protein bar. And let me tell you, protein bars never curb my sweet cravings.

Good bye:


And

I had to con Clark into giving junk food up with me. Sadly, I need someone else to be accountable for me. And he's going the extra mile. In addition to junk food he is giving up pizza and Doritos.

Of course, on a spiritual level we are going to strive to read more of the scriptures daily, but I'm not concerned about doing that. Giving up junk food is going to be the real sacrifice.

Is anyone else giving anything up or doing a little extra something this Lent? Do share :)

2 comments:

Whitney and Vaughn May said...

I haven't decided yet, although I'm considering chips...I've become a chip monster so it would definitely be tough!

The Carnahan Family said...

i have for 4 years now. now worries. no slip ups yet! you can do it!