Sunday, February 7, 2010

Walk About

I went on a walk about the other day to familiarize myself with the Avenues neighborhood. Can I help it if I am secretly loving where we live right now? I thought I would be miserable in Utah but SLC proper is actually pretty awesome. I guess I will survive the year we plan on being here.

This is probably one of the most cleverly named establishments in SLC. Kudos, Jack Mormon Coffee Company.

Here we have a beautiful protestant church...

Competing with the Catholic church right next door. See, Mormons aren't the only people in Utah. Maybe I should show my Mom these pictures. Then maybe she would visit me...


I love this one. This cathederal totally reminded me of the gothic cathederals we saw in Italy, France, Germany and Spain a few years ago. Looking forward to attending and Easter of Christmas Mass here.




Oh, and look. Straight shot to the LDS Temple. So many pretty religious structures, all in one city!

On my walk about I noticed many homes for sale. Here is a picture of one of said homes. Looks nice, don't you think. Would you believe the owner wants $675,000 for it!? Ummm, it's very nice, but come on. This is Utah and not California. I guess you pay premium to live in the Avenues?...and I guess the fact that it is across the street from a park that overlooks the capitol plays a factor, too. But still...


Chillin' at a little park that overlooks Canyon Road (where I go running) and the Capitol. One of my date ideas for the spring is to have a little picnic at this park with the Clarkman. Is that lame? I thought it was an excellent idea but Clark wasn't all that enthusiastic. Too bad, the picnic will prevail.

Can't wait to make more discoveries here in SLC. I hope next time Clark can come with me rather than sleep. Boy, work does put a damper on things sometimes.

1 comment:

Amy Tobler said...

I'm glad you are finding some joy in living in SLC! If you have not all ready, you should definitely try "the pie" for pizza. It's right up there by the university. A tasty whole in the wall...