I went to the dentist on Tuesday. Turns out I have two cavities. No biggie. I kind of expected that. In addition to those cavities, however, I have to get a CROWN! Oh my gosh, I thought only old people needed crowns! I guess one of my old fillings is so worn down that ANOTHER cavity has formed on the same tooth, and now I need a crown?! Uggghhhh.

I don't even know how this happened. I happen to have good oral hygiene. I brush twice a day and floss... but probably not as much as I should. But at least I do it!
I was very depressed for about two hours after my appointment. Clark was sweet and ordered Hungry Howie's pizza since I was in no mood to cook dinner. Then he ate himself into oblivion. Seriously, he ate himself sick. I thought I had a super-human appetite but man, can that boy eat.
Back to the teeth issue though...I have now resorted to having floss handy at ALL times. I bought extras to keep in my work bag and to keep in my purse. I REFUSE to let this happen again!
7 comments:
awww, rach, that sucks...if it makes you feel any better, i just had permanent sealant put on 4 of my teeth becuase they're wierdly shaped and are prone to cavities!
Crowns are no fun...and expensive! I had to have 2 3/4 crowns a year ago. A few thousand dollars later...and I now have another cavity. Sometimes no matter what you do you'll have to have dental work done. I just have naturally bad teeth. Good luck with your flossing resolve though!
Oh that stinks! Don't feel too bad. Just keep smiling!
Remember my tooth that broke when we were at your house...I feel your pain! And I've been informed that 2 more teeth are cracked (Stress!?!) and need crowns.
So it's not only cavities... clenching your teeth will get you too. So here's to clean teeth and stress-free living!
it's hard! The last time i went they told me i have gingivitis! =( It's so embarrassing. I totally understand. =( But mine is because I don't floss enough. So I too am working on healthy teeth! Don't fret.
Get a gold one like my dad has. He loves it.
I am horrible at flossing but good at brushing. Everytime I go to the dentist I tell myself that I am going to floss all the time, that lasts for a couple of weeks and then I am back to my bad habits. That stinks that you have been so good but you still had cavities. NOT FAIR! anyways, hope your mouth is feeling better.
Post a Comment