It was a long journey, but we finally made it to Seabrook, Texas! Our home for the next 2-3 months while we, "find ourselves" or rather until I find a job that I feel confident I will love doing for the next 2-3 years. We're living with Chad, Janet, Violet, Lucia, and Benicio. Thank you all for welcoming us into your home with open arms!
There's no rest for the weary in this household. Four am wake-up calls, breaking up fights over who gets to hold the Roku remote.... there's just no telling what the next moment will bring!
As we settled in, we sneaked in several fun activities.
Within hours of our arrival, we went on a bike ride to a nearby park along some great bike/running trails. Clark and I rode tandem and neither of us threatened divorce, so that was good. The park we rode to is located right on Galveston Bay (pictured above).
We went to Palm Beach at Moody Gardens in Galveston on one of it's last open days of the season.
Benicio kindly carried my water bottle around for a while and made sure to add some extra dents to it's already beat up exterior.
Then we had delicious Tex-Mex at Jimmy Changa's. This place was so amazing I feel like I could go back daily and never get tired of the food.
We cheered on the Dynamo during a home game against the Columbus Crew. The Crew tied it up in the last half and the final score was 2-2.
There's been lots of cute moments around the house, too.
Like the times when Lucia announces she needs to have a "big pooh" and then gets herself comfortable on the toilet bowl with a drink and a show to watch on the tablet. Pooping in comfort. This is the norm for this little girl.
Or when the girls climb all over Janet in that period of time before bed when they're all riled up and have to burn off that excess energy that no one knows where it came from.
Or when Benicio decides to play with the pots and pans multiple times throughout the day.
Or when a little scrape needs to be attended to after a fall in the pouring rain.
Or the times when Benicio is just being Benicio.
Home improvements have also been started. An enclosure for the outdoor shower has begun, as well as some indoor painting.
Times seems to be moving by so quickly. We have so much left to do and see!








2 comments:
Janet tells me that she is loving having you guys there. I'll admit I am a bit jealous of all the bonding. So glad that Houston is treating you well.
We are so happy that you guys are here! Time is going waaayyy to fast. :(
Post a Comment