Monday, September 1, 2014

Last weeks of work

I no longer have a job.  
It's a long story, but because my work required a 90 day notice (yep, the old fashioned 2 week notice would not suffice with this company), I told them I would be leaving back in May.  For multiple reasons, I felt it would be best for me to move on. I enjoy dermatology, but working for a corporate monster just made me feel so under-appreciated and over-worked.   Also, at that time we thought we would be moving to Vermont so that was actually the main and best reason for submitting my resignation. Since then, Clark has been accepted into other schools, and though we'll likely end up staying in Philadelphia, we're still hopeful that his top choice will work out and we will be moving to North Carolina.  So the plan is to take some time to find a job that is a really good fit.  I would like to stay in the field of dermatology, but we'll see what happens.  Most importantly, I just want to be happy where ever I will be working next, with a tolerable commute and supportive management staff.

Anyway, my second to last week at work my coworkers at the office in West Deptford, New Jersey threw me and the other NP (who was soon to be going on maternity leave) a little party! It was awesome!  I loved my colleagues there.  They are all so nice and fun to work with.


Then, when I was working in a different office during my last week, the Mohs surgeon, Dr. Griffeth,  drove his humble Lamborghini to work.  And parked in the handicap spot.  And he doesn't have a handicap decal. Shame on him, but that's Dr. Griffeth for you. And apparently he can't even park between the lines.
 My goodness, isn't it ugly?

My nurse Janet and I were going to try to take some pin-up inspired photos with his car (minus the lingerie), but he ended up leaving before we got the chance.  So we just ran outside really quick to get a picture with the car.  Very professional of me, I know. 

And that's about the extent of my excitement during my last couple weeks of work.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Wow that car is ugly....glad you got a picture with it..lol!!!! Excited to have you guys here!