We had important family to catch up with in North Carolina. They're the ones who moved from Baltimore back in June and broke our hearts because we now have no family left on the East coast (good thing my brother Scott and his family are moving to Dover, Delaware soon!). They now reside in a beautiful plantation-esque home in Fayetteville, North Carolina. It was such a fun visit and we were even able to squeeze in a meal without the kids at a fancy Italian restaurant and an early birthday celebration.
Downtown Fayetteville at dusk on the night of our adult only dinner.
Greta had a riding lesson and I tagged along so I could snap some pictures of her lesson progress and help keep an eye on Georgie. And take pictures of Big George cause she is quite the photogenic girl.
Those curls!
Throwing rocks...always a good way to pass the time.
The horse farm. Somewhere in North Carolina.
Greta did such a great job and seemed very attentive to her teacher.
We left on Georgie's actual birthday, so her birthday got celebrated a couple of days early. Charlie and Greta loved helping her open her gifts and play with her toys.
Party preparation with four little kids....sometimes the table doesn't remain perfectly set.
Everyone's patiently waiting for some birthday cake!
Margot makes an appearance! Somehow I took very few photos of Large Marge (a term of endearment given to her by her parents). She's just so quiet and easy going, often taking a nap or eating, so perhaps she just wasn't around when I had my camera out. But she's sure a cute baby.
Singing Happy Birthday to Georgie. She seemed to understand that the singing was for her, and she needed just a little coaching from Kim to blow out her candles.
After cake Big George opened up a gift from her Nana and Papa.... a pink radio flyer tricycle! I think Greta and Charlie were the most excited about this gift! Is it weird that I would like an adult size pink radio flyer tricycle?
One night, Charlie and Greta's school had skate night at the local roll-arena. It was super fun to watch and I took a bunch of videos but can't seem to get them to save from my phone to the computer. Oh well. Just imagine Charlie and Greta flailing and falling every 2-3 steps around the rink. No injuries or tears though, so that was good and that's why I can laugh when I watch the videos without feeling guilty. They also loved it, which means they will continue to go to the monthly school skate nights, which means their skill/coordination will improve.
Man, I remember loving to go roller skating when I was a kid. And I remember being good at it, super coordinated and smooth in my movements. I am now a disgraceful roller-skater. Being on skates feels so foreign and I constantly feel like I'm going to fall. Like I permanently have my arms stretched out for balance because I'm wobbling all over the place. I didn't fall, but I was sure embarrassed of how bad I could skate!
Georgie got help from Kyle and Uncle Clark. Yep, this is how it went the whole way around the rink.
Our last day I just had to get a picture of the two Catholic school kids in their uniforms. So cute!
Thank you so much Kyle, Kim and family for your hospitality and for making the visit memorable! We always enjoy our visits and were so glad we could stay a little longer this time around. You always make us feel so welcome, and hopefully we can time our next visit with another roll arena skate night! Love you all!






No comments:
Post a Comment