Saturday, March 23, 2013

Five years of photos

Clark and I really, really like having tangible photos, however we rarely get our photos printed.  So for our anniversary I thought: why not print out photos of us from the last five years (wedding excluded)?  I tried to limit the collection of photos to one photo per month, or 60 photos total.  I ended up printing just under 300.  Overshot the original mark a bit.  Luckily, photo albums do exist to store 300 photos!

It's overwhelmingly us.  Which is the point, but...it's still a little overwhelming. I did my best to throw family pictures in from time to time.  If you come visit, I won't blame you for not wanting to look at it.

Until I determine something better for the cover, I have some cats taking our place.

Some photos from our first year... 

First Christmas that we tried to spend with both families...

First wedding anniversary...

Photos from our SLC past...

Australia...

 Asia...

 I'm really happy I did this.  Pictures on the computer are no substitute for the real thing. You're welcome, Clark.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Yeah! that must feel really good...I now feel like I can have the new baby because, finally after 2+years I finished Lucia's baby book. It is nice to have real albums!

Rach and Clark said...

Oh good for you, Janet! Can't believe you'll be a mom to three in just a few short days! Completing this album did give me such a great feeling of satisfaction. I think I'll probably do one for years 6-10, too.

Rachael said...

Every January I print out pics from the previous year, so we have approx one photo album per year. A lot of photos, but really fun to look through. And i spend more time looking at them than I ever do with my pics saved to my computer. It will be fun in like 20 years when we have 20 albums of memories.

my point i guess is yay for tangible photo albums!

Rach and Clark said...

Rachael, that is so awesome! Great minds think alike-- though I think your idea is a little better.