Hello!
My spring semester is officially complete! Half way through my program, can I get a HELLS YES!!?? Or just a heck yeah from those of you who are more refined than I am!? I am so stoked for this break. I am finally going to finish Jane Eyre and we have an upcoming trip to Boston. And I got to watch track all last weekend in addition to helping my friend shop for a wedding dress. Life is pretty dang sweet right now. Annnd, we're finally getting a couch on Wednesday. Finally.
Now, I recall stating in a previous post that people who take Instagram photos think they are "professional" photographers. It's true. I happen to be one of those millions of "professional photographers." It's so nice to hardly have to try to be artistic. Here are the most recent Instagrams from my crappy non-iphone:
So, Clark's band just rented out a studio space where they can jam until the break of dawn (if they wanted to). The boys were discussing some elements of their musical fusion when I captured this gem. Clark be thinking real hard. Or he be talking. Or responding. Not sure which.
And here's my man in action. He can play so dang fast. It boggles my mind every single time I see him play. He's just so talented.
This here park featured is Clark Park. Basically a hop, skip and 200 yards away from our front door. We love it here. I love laying down a blanket and basking in the sunlight while reading a good book. People watching is great here, too. There's a group that gets together to play volleyball often. One of the fellas refuses to wear a shirt, regardless of the fact that his abdomen is rather undefined. I'm impressed by his confidence. Also, when the weather gets nicer there will be men sitting around benches playing games of chess all day. Like something you would see in a movie. Searching for Bobby Fischer right in my own neighborhood.
Clark made good on his birthday gift to me from 2010. A manicure and pedicure. Now, I'm no fancy gal. The last time I had a manicure was probably back in 2009. These gel manicures that I'm not too familiar with are simply amazing. It's been three days and the polish has not chipped a bit. I'm sold.
So, at the dollar store the other night, I perused the several aisles of food as per usual. (Nope, this girl is not ashamed.) I came across these little guys: sealed 8 count mini mustard packages. I was so excited! After my excitement dissipated, my next complete thought was: maybe I should buy a couple of packages and then give away mustard as gifts. Because they are just so cute and miniature. And then I realized that most people would not appreciate the charm of a mini mustard like I do, so I reluctantly abandoned my idea. But I may go back and buy a package just for myself, because they make me smile, and I do love me some mustard.
That's about it. My dress/skirt experiment aka the Petticoat Experiment begins tomorrow. I'm nervous for something that I really shouldn't be nervous about. I just don't want to give in to the comfort of my robe and workout clothes any longer! I WILL succeed and wear skirts and/or dresses for one entire month!





3 comments:
Two things! I quite enjoy some people watching from time to time. My husband says I am shameless about it too............He is probably right.
Also I think there is a lot of "charm" about those mustards, and you could make up some quirky, cute gift tag.
If I weren't leaving I would be delighted by a mini-mustard gift. I think you should rethink that gift idea!!
Hope we get the chance to visit Clark park sometime on a summer day.
Post a Comment