Last night I watched a HIGH SCHOOL girl run a 4:39 mile. It was amazing, and it nearly made me cry. Clark showed up too late and missed it. He also missed watching Villanova dominate in the women's distance medley relay. Today we both watched as Princeton out-kicked the rest of the field in the men's distance medley relay. It was an intense race from beginning to end, and it was the best race I've seen in years. Not that I've actually had many opportunities to attend track meets in recent years, but let's just say it was the best race I've seen since I competed. And, I'm just relieved that Oregon didn't win (still talking about the men's DMR). I kind of have a personal vendetta against that school, and I just didn't want to see them win such an exciting race.
Oh man, track get's me so pumped! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to see some incredibly talented athletes compete yesterday and today. Maybe I should consider coaching as a career. It's not too late, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment