It is Easter.
And though I don't say it often or publicly enough, I am so grateful for Jesus' atoning sacrifice. His love for me, and for ALL of mankind is just so overwhelming and humbling...
I really wish my better half didn't have to work this weekend. We haven't been able to attend an Easter church service together in 3 years. Oh, the joys of working for a hospital. Clark works 1-2 Sundays a month, regardless of what schedule he requests. I have to regularly explain to our class of seven year old kiddos at church that Clark has to work Sundays because hospitals never close. The idea just blows their little minds.
Since we're always looking for an excuse to binge on junk food, we put together Easter Baskets for each other. And Clark was sweet enough to get me some wife beaters. Nothin' like working out in men's clothing at the gym. I hope that next year we can get around to dyeing some eggs. We were trying to recall the last time we did it...I think it was 2007.
Iaccidentally ate this bag of Cadbury eggs in less than 24 hours. Oops.
We presented our Easter baskets to each other this morning when Clark got home from work. He stuck my goodies in a laundry basket. What did he get me for Easter? Diabetes. Or pre-diabetes. And other normal grocery items that he could have just put away the day he purchased them. Like the sweet n' low for our oatmeal, and the sugar free pudding for when we are eating "clean" and watching our carb intake. It may be a while before we start eating clean again. I have to develop diabetes first...
Purple-y colored cream cheese frosting. Wish that cake didn't disappear so quickly.
I realize this post makes us look like we're gluttonous pigs. We're really not. We've just had a really bad sugar relapse recently and fell weak to the power of Easter candy advertising. Anywho...
Happy Easter, y'all.
I really wish my better half didn't have to work this weekend. We haven't been able to attend an Easter church service together in 3 years. Oh, the joys of working for a hospital. Clark works 1-2 Sundays a month, regardless of what schedule he requests. I have to regularly explain to our class of seven year old kiddos at church that Clark has to work Sundays because hospitals never close. The idea just blows their little minds.
Since we're always looking for an excuse to binge on junk food, we put together Easter Baskets for each other. And Clark was sweet enough to get me some wife beaters. Nothin' like working out in men's clothing at the gym. I hope that next year we can get around to dyeing some eggs. We were trying to recall the last time we did it...I think it was 2007.
I
We presented our Easter baskets to each other this morning when Clark got home from work. He stuck my goodies in a laundry basket. What did he get me for Easter? Diabetes. Or pre-diabetes. And other normal grocery items that he could have just put away the day he purchased them. Like the sweet n' low for our oatmeal, and the sugar free pudding for when we are eating "clean" and watching our carb intake. It may be a while before we start eating clean again. I have to develop diabetes first...
Yes, those are important shredded documents I used for "grass," thanks for noticing!
Purple-y colored cream cheese frosting. Wish that cake didn't disappear so quickly.
I realize this post makes us look like we're gluttonous pigs. We're really not. We've just had a really bad sugar relapse recently and fell weak to the power of Easter candy advertising. Anywho...
Happy Easter, y'all.

4 comments:
Easter candy is the best. You can't resist because it only comes around once a year. And Martha Steward totally recommended making your own Easter grass by crumpling shredded paper. You're just classy :)
Does Clark's laundry basket say "dirty monkey" on it? Sounds like fun. Tom and I got each other Easter baskets, but both managed to do it secretly. This is INCREDIBLY difficult when you're both home nearly all the time and when you're together most of the time you're not home and when you live in a studio...Fun times!! Poor Clark, though. And poor you, Miss 24hschool.
Love your baskets...we love the candy too...
I'm glad the Easter Bunny found your house. He missed ours :(
Post a Comment