Monday, March 26, 2012

This past week (for lack of a more exciting title)

Guess who just worked a 56 hour work week???




It was this guy!! Rocking his "party" shirt which I find terribly embarrassing.  But since he's my sugar daddy he can do whatever he wants.
So Thursday around 9 pm Clark finished his horrible 56 hour work week.  He picked up an extra shift last week, so really he should have only worked 48 hours.  But noooooooo.  Each night he had to stay at work 2 extra hours to finish up.  So his 4 shifts took 14 hours to complete instead of 12 hours, and he ended up with a 56 hour work week. Yuck.  He didn't go to medical school for a reason.  All he wanted to do Thursday night was celebrate with a pizza party.  So celebrate we did.  Lately we're huge fans of pizza parties.  The pizza place we order from even has our number stored in their system and they answer us by name when we call.  We feel so special.

Then Friday I received my nerdalicious glasses in the mail from www.coastal.com.  OH.MY.GOSH. I love them.  I think I've moved on from Zenni.  I've found a new love, and it is Coastal. Clark tells me I'm his sexy scientist, and I'm totally ok with these endearing terms.  He likes the glasses, and that's all that matters.
Friday night we went out with the guys in Clark's band and I got to sport my new glasses for the first time.  It was way fun, their significant others are awesome, and I'm just stoked Clark has cool people to play music with.

Saturday morning we woke up early (9 am is too early on a weekend in this household) and went to see the The Hunger Games at 10 am.  I didn't even know matinees started that early!  Yes, I do have to be like everyone else on facebook and announce that I WENT TO SEE IT AND IT WAS AWESOME.  Clark was not so impressed.  Sometimes I don't understand him.  Yes, the movie should have been a little gorier.  But I get that the movie has to reach a younger demographic, hence the PG-13 rating and sparse gore.  Man, can you imagine if it was rated R?  Anywho, Clark was unimpressed but I thought it followed the book quite well.  

Later that afternoon I had a study session with my friend.  She has been dating a guy for a while now and I helped her reach the conclusion that she is ready for marriage, and equally important, that she wants to get married! Gosh, I feel like I'm a part of something huge! She'll make an amazing wife, and I'm already excited for her to get engaged.  The study session turned out to be successful on two completely different levels.

Saturday night we rented J. Edgar and ate some UHMAYZING pulled pork sandwiches.  Seriously y'all, Clark is the master at crock-potting some pulled pork.

And mid meal Clark's sandwich fell apart and warranted a quick photo with my phone.  I had no problems, but Clark's sandwich was just too much for the hoagie to handle.

And now, off to the start of another stressful week.  I live for the weekends now, even though I still have to study and complete massive amounts of work.  Only 4 more weeks to go until I get a break from this strenuous semester!

3 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...

I love these kinds of newsy posts. I am anxiously waiting to see a picture of the new glasses...so curious. I'm ready to expand my eye wear wardrobe so I will check out your new love. Hope to see you soon...since I have a trip to Baltimore on the horizon.

Janet said...

looking forward to some Clark pulled pork in May!!! I also will check out your new glasses place since you guys lead me to zenni in the first place and I love my glasses from there :). Good job Clark surviving your work week!!

Rach and Clark said...

So... the glasses may look expensive but use the code FIRSTPAIRFREE and you will get your first pair super cheap. They are much higher quality than Zenni glasses. I posted a link to my glasses (since Clark doesn't like to take photos of me and I have to beg him to take photos of me if I ever want to look as though I'm included in one of our adventures!). Jan, when do you come to Baltimore?? Janet...we cannot wait to be up in beautiful Boston in May!