Thursday, January 5, 2012

What we did on Clark's Wednesday off

Our main objective was to make it to the Poconos.  We did make it, however we got sidetracked along the way and ended up here:
Clark and I actually own a Martin guitar, so visiting this site was kind of a big deal. However, we had no idea that the factory is located right here in Pennsylvania.  Nazareth, PA to be precise.  We were stoked when we passed the little brown sign on the freeway that instructed us to take the next exit and basically drive into a neighborhood to where this guitar factory is located.  

We were able to walk through the museum, however, we missed the factory tour.  Tours only take place three and a half hours a day, from 11-2:30pm.  We showed up around 3pm.  We were still able to see pretty guitars and read up about the history of Martin guitars at the museum, though.










All the magic happens behind these closed doors.


We did make it to the Poconos as dusk settled in.  Obviously, because of the dark, we weren't able to see much of anything at all.  I think we'll definitely plan another trip up that way in the summer so we can actually take the Martin factory tour and witness some of the beauty surrounding the Pocono mountains.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Nice that you had such a nice detour! I also would like to see the Poconos! I hear the skiing there is amazing. Although I have never done it before.