Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What we did on Clark's Tuesday off

Drove down to Wilmington, Delaware to determine whether it is a place worth revisiting and walking around in warmer weather (i.e. spring or summer).

Went to Costco (no pictures).

Went to Target. (Pictures of dollar treasures below! Much to my dismay, Target no longer carries dollar weekly planners.  I've bought planners at Target for the last three years, and I'm sad to say that now I'll have to resort to the Dollar Tree in hopes that they have what I'm looking for.  I will miss the dollar Target weekly planners dearly.)

Bubble Bath ( I just can't avoid the appearance of evil, I guess ;) )

Can never have too many of these!

Stickers for the seven year old children in our class at church.

I'm always needing notecards.  These definitely beat trying to strain the creative part of my brain to construct my own.

Pencils for our seven year old kids at church.  We will bribe them to be reverent if we have to.

And when we got back from Delaware, we put up our mug rack.  Now I can show off my kitty cat mug, fish mug, and unicorn mug without even having to use them.

3 comments:

Em and Ms said...

What's with Target this year? I've bought my little calendar on their dollar aisle for several years, and none this year! It's the perfect size for my bulletin board, and I had to pay $5 for pretty much the same thing (I'm just glad I found it). I love all the trips and things you guys do.

Rach and Clark said...

Emily, it IS devastating, isn't it? I'm planning a trip to the Dollar Tree later this afternoon.

Zack said...

Luckily for you, there is actually no scriptural admonition to "avoid the very appearance of evil" as Mormons and Protestants tend to say. The scriptural passage upon which this is based is "abstain from every appearance of evil" and 1 Thessalonians 5:22 would be better translated as "avoid every form of evil." So as far as the Apostle Paul and the rest of the Bible are concerned, you can look as evil as you want so long as you (to shuffle the words around for more clear meaning) avoid evil at every appearance.

And no, there's really never any reason to go to Wilmington.