Saturday, January 21, 2012

Changes

For starters, it snowed today, and I really thought we might escape this winter without snow.  I debated on going running in the freezing mist (can't really call it a rain) for about an hour until my guilty conscious gave in.  However, I had to cut my run short because the sidewalks and running path were so slick.  Breaking a bone does not seem like the ideal situation right now.

Also, I have now entered the unfamiliar world of smart phones.  In one of my classes, my peers and I received a lecture within a lecture on why we all should have smart phones during our clinical rotations.  Boy gang, my professors really made it sound like I would fall behind if I didn't succumb and join the elite field of smart phone users.  I was only one of two people in my class who raised our hands when asked if anyone did not have smart phones.  Nothing like peer/instructor pressure to motivate me to get a new phone and add a data package to our plan!  This better be worth it, as I was really hoping to get through school/life without a smart phone.  I don't know, I guess I'm not the type of person that desperately needs to have my phone with me at all times, and be able to update my facebook status thirty times a day.  So, I vow NEVER to add the facebook app to my phone.  There's way too many other fun apps to browse through and use anyway.

To changes! (Cue raising our glasses of sparkling grape juice together. Or wine. Or soda.  Whatever you prefer.)

No comments: