She's sure pretty, ain't she?
I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am to have bedding (i.e. a quilt) that finally fits our bed! Since we first purchased a queen size bed back in September, we have been sharing one full/queen blanket from my college years and one twin sized blanket made for Clark when he was on his mission. It's been kind of uncomfortable due to the inconsistent sizing of the blankets and I often feel like I'm in a tangled mess when I wake up. We've refused to use our California King comforter because it hangs over the bed onto the floor and it grosses us out. You'd feel the same if you had experienced a flea infestation as badly as we did. Anyhow, after much deliberation, I finally settled upon a quilt from JC Penney that fit my qualifications. Long story short, it was much cheaper at the JC Penney back in WA state so I had my Mom purchase and ship it to me, and I sent her a check in the mail to cover the cost/shipping. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased. Coupled with my fuscia blanket from my college years, I was so warm last night!
Now I just hope Clark and I can stop upgrading/downgrading mattress sizes. Seriously, we've owned every mattress size there is in the 3.8 years we've been married.
Also, I vow to learn to quilt...someday in the not so distant future. Something simple like my new quilt. Square pieces of fabric sewn together, how hard can it be? (Someone please tell me it's easy and that there are helpful tutorials online. Please.)
Also, I vow to learn to quilt...someday in the not so distant future. Something simple like my new quilt. Square pieces of fabric sewn together, how hard can it be? (Someone please tell me it's easy and that there are helpful tutorials online. Please.)
3 comments:
She is pretty! Glad that you were able to decide on one you liked sometimes I think that's the hardest part!
I love it! You picked a good one. :)
And quilting is not hard; it just takes patience, time and consistency in cutting. I always draw up my design on graph paper and go from there. I'm sure you can find helpful tutorials online! Good luck!
Quilting is very easy! (ok, at least when you stick to squares).. If you can sew a semi-strait line you can make a quilt! Easy peasy! Good luck! P.S. pick a theme and make a themed quilt: 4th of July, snowmen, polka dots.. it makes it that much more fun!
Post a Comment