Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hypocrite

That's right.  I'm a total hypocrite.  Yesterday I did something that I never, ever thought I would do, something that I've actually vowed never to do:  

I bought skinny jeans (gasp!).  I'm neither ashamed nor proud.  Maybe I'm humbled.  Yes, let's say I'm humbled by this experience.

 Under the influence of my friend Andrea's advice, I tried on a pair of Levi's and was shocked to discover that they made my butt look really, really good, and they made my runner/thunder thighs look trimmer.  Maybe it's just that I've never owned a pair of proper fitting jeans in my life (I'm pretty sure I've been buying jeans too big for the last 14 years) but I knew once I tried these pants on that I had to go against what I stand for and cross over to the dark side.  Welcome, Rachel. 

P.S., If you ever visit Philly, you MUST check out Macy's.  It's an old Wanamaker's department store, absolutely stunning inside with the largest playable organ in the world, blah, blah, blah.  Wikipedia can say all of this better than I ever could, so please click on the link to learn a little bit about this iconic building.  So just promise me you'll visit Macy's when you next find yourself in Philly.  You don't even have to shop.  Just walk inside, be amazed, stare in awe, etc.

P.P.S., Sephora has the best, most fun-colored eyeliner pencils in the world.  I used to use Victoria's Secret eye pencils but they actually curse me with contact dermatitis around my eyes.  Just picked up a Sephora eye pencil in gold and I LOVE IT.


2 comments:

Em and Ms said...

You make me laugh Rachel. I'm a hypocrite right there with you. I never thought I'd own skinny jeans and made fun of them, but I love wearing them with boots. That Macy's is amazing.

Stephanie Tobler said...

I think you should post a picture of your new found Jeans. I really like Guess Jeans.. They fit sooo well! Hopfully I'll be able to fit back into a size 3 after the baby. :)