Saturday, December 3, 2011

Awaiting the start of a most stressful week

It's true.  This week will prove to be very stressful indeed. One final, after another, after another.  
I most likely will not be blogging until the end of my finals for obvious reasons, so I thought I would share a recipe with you all:

May I present: Quinoa and Black Beans

Click on the link to see the recipe.  I don't have the patience to type out the ingredients/directions.  So, I am not usually the type of person to post a recipe, since I don't have a lot of experience in that realm of domesticity and my husband does most of the cooking in this household (and I like it that way).  BUT HOLD THE PHONE, I think I am catching the hang of this cooking thing, and I'm pretty good at it.  Annnnnd it helps when your recipe Uh-mazing.  It met my expectation of having more than 1,000 ratings >4 stars, and since we have a massive bag of quinoa from Costco, I thought I would give it a whirl.  

If you try it I promise you will not be disappointed.  Pinky promise.

Oh, tonight I am going to feast on an entire carton of Roaster Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, courtesy of Costco.  It is unbelievable, hence the reason why I can eat an entire carton in one sitting.  I wish Costco would stock it in all seasons, not just fall and winter.  What are they thinking? I should probably be smart this year and buy massive quantities of this soup.

Tomorrow my mad studying sessions begin.  Guh.  I just want Friday to be here so we can decorate our cute little 3' Christmas tree with miniature ornaments.  Then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle.  And in light of the aforementioned sentence, we'll watch Elf, too.

3 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...

Thanks for the recipe since I bought the same large bag of quinoa from Costco and haven't ventured to find recipes for it yet...going to try it this week. Good luck with your finals.

Dagmara Ellison said...

Good luck on your finals! Actually good like to both Ellison's on the East Coast on their finals this week:-) !!! The food looks yummy! I don't think I've ever tried quinoa before, so I might give it a try after our next shopping trip to Costco, or better yet, I will just wait until we come and visit you again, so that YOU can make this for us:-)Yummy...On another note - oh, Elf! I think I have to watch it AGAIN now:-) Third time this year:-)

Sheri Money said...

Writing papers is my life right now too. We should study together! When are you finished?