Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The last from Oz: Port Macquarie

Right before our departure from the land down under, Clark, myself and our good friends Joanne and Ivan drove up the coast to Port Macquarie, which is about 5 hours from Sydney.  It was a total blast.  We had excellent weather and overall a wonderful time.  We miss our Joanne and Ivan sooooo much!

Rest stop near the coast, enjoying some pelican watching.

Laurieton Lookout right off of the scenic drive to Port Macquarie.

The other lookout on the mountain top, aka the Johnstone Lookout.


 Paraglider taking off from the Laurieton Lookout.

About 20 miles outside of Port Macquarie. Beautiful white sand beaches lined this coast for miles and miles.

Our awesome villa a street away from the water.  Oh, we love to live lavishly when we're not staying in hostels and eating cup-o-noodle ;)

Joanne giving the camera all that she's got!  Work it, girl!

walking down to a beach right before dusk.






Getting ready to hit the pool at night.  It's a shame the pool was closed even though we went before the official closing time.

The Koala Hospital was a short walk from our villa, so the next morning Joanne and I took a stroll down to see some koala feedings.


An awesome array of breakfast foods.

So, down at a dock, Joanne tried to shimmy around a wooden beam and would have definitely fallen in the water had Clark not helped her back to safety!

Painted rocks all along the walkway.  Dora is just adored world wide, I guess.


Running toward Joanne on a beach.  I love how animated Ivan is.



I laugh every time I look at this one.  Thanks for the photo bomb, Ivan.


Joanne and Clark following the spiral...not quite sure what this thing was for.

Joanne rolling down a hill.  If there is one thing I love about Joanne, it is her ability to be herself regardless of the situation.  She is so care-free and fun.  Seriously, I don't think anyone else could have convinced me to roll down that hill.

Tacking Point Lighthouse.  I. Love. Lighthouses. Period.



A 'So You Think You Can Dance' off with kelp.  We each had one minute to perform an interpretive dance with the kelp.

So graceful.  I tried to emulate Will Ferell's rhythmic gymnastics moves from the movie Old School.

Clark was the least animated.  He totally lost.  Ivan did not perform as he was wondering around taking pictures of sand or something.
That night we stayed with our good friends Jade and Levi in Nelson Bay, and enjoyed some awesome pizza down on the waterfront.  A game of Pictionary consumed the rest of our night, along with Mad Libs.  Mad Libs are unbelievably fun when 6 adults play.  Wish I would have taken some photos of the night's madness, but I didn't.

Fingal Bay on our last day.  Beautiful beach; would have loved to enjoy the water here but as you can see, no one has towels laying about on the sand here.  Just a little to cold for that sort of thing.

Clark and Ivan.

Joanne and myself trying to do a 'gummy' smile.

We had such a blast with Joanne and Ivan.  Wish the trip could have lasted days longer but unfortunately, Clark and I had to get back to Caringbah and pack up our apartment.  Joanne and Ivan, we miss you!  Let's meet up somewhere exotic down the line!  I would opt for somewhere Joanne hasn't been, but she's been pretty much everywhere...

No comments: