Since arriving back to the U.S. life has been extremely busy! Luckily, in between the hectic madness of trying to organize our lives, we were able to meet up with some of my family up in Boise. Boise is halfway between SLC and Pasco, so it worked out really well. It was a really quick trip; we arrived on a Saturday afternoon and parted ways on a Monday afternoon. Even though time with family was limited, we made the most of it. We were able to eat out at some Man v. Food establishments and nearly all day Saturday we relaxed by the hotel pool. It was so good to see my parents, my sister, and her three kids.
The first day we checked in to the hotel, then we donned our swimsuits and hit the pool. Teya loved playing with her momma in the kiddy pool.
I absolutely adore Teya's swimsuit (I bought it for her last year in anticipation of this summer). I wish they made watermelon swimsuits for adults. After I purchased this swimsuit I literally googled 'adult watermelon swimsuits'. I didn't find any.
Proud Aunt Rachel with Teya. I had to keep my eyes covered for nearly the entire visit. every day my eyelids were puffy, red and itchy. Just went to the optometrist, I guess I had contact dermatitis. She gave me some ointment and it has since cleared up. Huh.
The group + half of Chase's body at the pool.
Later that evening we hit the Flying Pie Pizzeria for dinner. This place was featured on Man v. Food. It was too dark to take any photos inside, but the pie was good!
The next morning we decided to go see the capitol building. And parked right in the hotel parking lot was Nikki Sixx's tour bus.
Cole and chase in front of the Idaho capitol building. Clark actually rang the bell. It was loud. I was slightly embarrassed.
Katie and Teya inside the capitol building.
Clark marveling at the marble.
Later that day after spending nearly six hours at the pool, we went to Rockies Diner for dinner. Rockies is another Man v. Food establishment. This is where Adam Richman did his food challenge in Idaho.
God bless you, Adam Richman!
Of course, we took the table with Elvis.
My Dad whipped out his glasses to read the menu. Clark and I instantly noticed how off kilter they were. It was pretty funny.
After dinner we went to a park so Chase could show us his roller blade skills and Cole could use his scooter.
The next morning we went back to the same park so the kids could play a little bit. Teya loved the swing!
And so did Katie. I thought she might flip over the top of the swing set, but it didn't happen.
Mom and Dad even got in on the swinging action.
We had such a great time seeing you all! Thank you so much for meeting us in Boise for a quick visit! Can't wait to see you all (with the addition of Scott, Dagmara, Cedar and Ty) at Christmas!
3 comments:
Looks like a blast! Love the Watermelon suit!
Next time you are in boise, we must get together. i would love seeing you guys! by the way, I have loved reading about all your adventures.
Wait...Ashley, do you live in Boise? I thought you lived in Idaho Falls or somewhere else. Otherwise, we would have totally let you know! Dang it!
Post a Comment